MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Log Of The Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigChiefS4
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://coord.info/GC568DX
TriggerMN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, and congrats on your recent 10k accomplishment!
BigChiefS4
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriggerMN wrote:
Thanks, and congrats on your recent 10k accomplishment!

Thank you! At least this one wasn't way up a tree. Lots of leeches, though...which Doublemoose was scared of.
berresfamily
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paraskevidekatriaphobia (GC4N884) has a new log:

Logged by: imjustdoug
Log Type: Found it
Date: 8/24/2014
Type: Traditional Cache

Log:
Was taking a pee on the side of the trail and saw it, almost peed on it
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Cache A Day ... The KB 100 Challenge (GC1A4FT) has a new log:

Logged by: Delkan1066
Log Type: Found it
Date: 8/21/2014
Type: Unknown Cache

Log:
Day #102!
I suppose to start things off, I can now say I understand the dedication Tesser and Sparkyfry put into this challenge when they did it. It is quite the effort. Not so much on the finding side of things, but in the coordination of regular life and with putting yourself within reach of a KB hide daily for over 3 months.
I like to put my unique stamp on things. Last winter I got it in my head that this challenge was too easy and might get boring visiting the same few metro parks over and over for one cache per day. So after checking things out a bit, I decided that doing this one “puzzle” style might be possible. Say what you want about the sanity involved with the decision, but as soon as the idea entered my head that it could be done, that was it, done deal., no turning back now.
I had to find a window big enough to fit the streak into. With a trip in May to Vegas, and a baby due in late August, it turned out that this summer theoretically had a 107 day window available. Okay…now the planning…I had several caching trips for the summer planned within MN. I searched out and solved the puzzles within range of those trips so that I could get them while there. Then I set to work understanding all of the requirements for the various KB challenges that I would need to pick up during these streak and fit them into my planned route. Okay, now just on to solving the rest…
The other finders had a lot of numbers in their logs. I will follow suit…
On Day 0 there were 179 active KB mystery caches in MN (and none in surrounding states). I found 9 already and 40 that were challenges that I couldn’t realistically qualify for within the 100 day period. That left about a 130 cache pool to draw from. I finished with a total of 102 straight including this cache (42 of them challenges).
I went on roughly 10 “saddle” runs (one just before midnight and one just after). Some of these were very long trips that got me home around 3:00am. The closest I came to missing the midnight deadline was about 15 minutes. 15 minutes to find a cache that had so far stumped me for 1/2 an hour. I tried planning in safety nets, but near the end there just weren’t enough for that. There were several “do or die” nights that were very stressful. The longest I went without finding a cache during the streak was from 12am one day to about 11:15pm the next day. 45 minutes shy of a 48 hour span between caches.
I had 4 “run-ins” with men in uniform. In Cosmos, a patrol circled back through the lot to make sure I was actually just getting gas at 12:30am. In Owatonna, I was pulled over for an improper turn. That guy didn’t believe the saddle caching story. Yes officer, I drove to Austin to sign a piece of paper, and yes, I am still a long way from home at 1am. In Solana, a trooper put his spot light on me, but then after a few questions he decided I was not a deviant and let me be. In Duluth a security guard at a bank for some reason believed I was sleeping in my car and he moved right along.
I had very helpful friends that stepped in when it was needed. A handful of the 102 caches were found with others (and sometimes they were the ones to make the find while I searched several feet away). I used about 5 PAF’s and I had help on probably about 10 of the puzzles from the CO and friends. I replaced maybe 6 of the caches (with the CO’s blessing of course), and fixed up several others. Oh, and carrieme44 (my beautiful wife) was amazingly understanding of my antics during this whole process. During strings of contractions she said things like “Red Wing? You better leave now if you are going to be back in time to get to the hospital!”
I attached some screenshots of the last 100+ days. And a screenshot of a map of the 102 finds.
Thanks KB for all of the hides! Thanks for making most of them relatively easy to solve and easy to find. I will get to the other 60 or so left eventually too, just not sequentially.
OK now, what’s next? How can I top this?
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racecarchick Turns 1000!

I'd like to thank my cheerleader, Jeepers Creepers for his help.
Aix sponsa
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC4RHYK_edn-alpha-centauri

I had trouble with this one. Maybe because I just wiped out on my bike. Front wheel dropped into a hole that I didn't see in the tall grass and over the handlebars I went. Thankfully, my helmet took the brunt of it. Have to buy a new helmet now, this one is trash. Forehead doesn't look the best either, but it was fun. Found the cache and signed log. Thanks, The2Moose

He, also, fell into a flowage of water downstream of a beaver dam going to this series of caches. The bike didn't make it through the water to the other side. And when he was done with the ten caches to make the star what were his thoughts...

This was my final star to find. Quite the jaunt into this one but well worth it. A wonderful series of caches out here. Thanks

The2Moose - another positive and resilient cacher.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: