MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Log Of The Day
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Log Of The Day Reply with quote

This has been an ongoing thread at the Cooler Crew Cachers forum for over 5 years. Cache owners see some interesting logs. There are no "rules"

Anyone can post any log they have seen. Please include the link.

Last edited by King Boreas on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FunnyNose found Hot Wax: Spiders and Snakes (Traditional Cache) at 7/25/2011

Log Date: 7/25/2011

In town visiting from Seattle, always nice to grab some old style caches where you actually have to walk and figure out how to get into the area. A lot better than a string of 1000 caches thrown in the desert.

Visit this log entry at the below address:
http://coord.info/GL645DG9

Visit Hot Wax: Spiders and Snakes
http://coord.info/GCE4B3
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
April 2 by XXXXXXXXX (XXX found)

I've been wanting to do this cache since it was published. Today was the day. I spent quite some time today hiking the bike trail in both directions from the river rope swing parking lot off of Sunset Trail. My heart sunk for a few minutes when I got to the cache site... I had neglected to bring a flashlight, and it was DARK in there!

Well, it took me a little while to realize that I was going to have to do this by feel, but since I had already tossed a few rocks into the dark spots without having anything hissing or growling or running past me, I wasn't too nervous about that aspect, anyway. I waited a bit in the shadows to get my eyes accustomed to the dark, then went in to the shadowy recesses. Actually, once all the way in, it wasn't as dark as it had first seemed, and I was able to make out places to check, at least, and I got lucky with the very first one.

I think it'll be a while before this cache gets muggled!! Thanks for the awesome cache... this one is getting a favorite vote from me!
emmanogoldfish
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was looking at a cache today where the clue was "KB Style Hide". An out of town visitor stated that that clue meant nothing as they were from another area.

I've always wanted to start a thread on exactly what people think that a KB style hide is. The only thing I can come up with is that it is on the ground.
Sky King 36
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw one in Cedar Rapids where the final of a 2-stage multi had been found by a muggle who wrote in the log "I don't know what this sport is about, but, if any of you that find this are women and maybe want to meet a nice guy, my e-mails is..."
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Quote:
April 2 by XXXXXXXXX (XXX found)

I've been wanting to do this cache since it was published. Today was the day. I spent quite some time today hiking the bike trail in both directions from the river rope swing parking lot off of Sunset Trail. My heart sunk for a few minutes when I got to the cache site... I had neglected to bring a flashlight, and it was DARK in there!

Well, it took me a little while to realize that I was going to have to do this by feel, but since I had already tossed a few rocks into the dark spots without having anything hissing or growling or running past me, I wasn't too nervous about that aspect, anyway. I waited a bit in the shadows to get my eyes accustomed to the dark, then went in to the shadowy recesses. Actually, once all the way in, it wasn't as dark as it had first seemed, and I was able to make out places to check, at least, and I got lucky with the very first one.

I think it'll be a while before this cache gets muggled!! Thanks for the awesome cache... this one is getting a favorite vote from me!

I wrote a log similar to that once. Laughing
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emmanogoldfish wrote:
Was looking at a cache today where the clue was "KB Style Hide". An out of town visitor stated that that clue meant nothing as they were from another area.

I've always wanted to start a thread on exactly what people think that a KB style hide is. The only thing I can come up with is that it is on the ground.

On the ground is a good start. Near, but not at, an obvious beacon seems to be a pattern as well, probably because that obvious beacon has been used in the past. Laughing
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the base of a post.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...the complete loss of the point of this thread...
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Log Of The Day Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
This has been an ongoing thread at the Cooler Crew Cachers forum for over 5 years. Cache owners see some interesting logs. There are no "rules"

Anyone can post any log they have seen. Please include the link.

King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please lock.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
Please lock.

why? I think this could be an interesting thread when someone has something to post!
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a moderator (that rarely does anything I might add) I am going to leave this open for now, but please ask that this thread "conform" to the original idea of posting cool/funny/unique logs you've come across. If we can't do that then I will comply with the original poster's request of locking the thread. I am hopeful we can stay on topic in this thread cause you can discover some cool caches to add to your "to do" list this way...
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNMizzou wrote:
As a moderator (that rarely does anything I might add) I am going to leave this open for now, but please ask that this thread "conform" to the original idea of posting cool/funny/unique logs you've come across. If we can't do that then I will comply with the original poster's request of locking the thread. I am hopeful we can stay on topic in this thread cause you can discover some cool caches to add to your "to do" list this way...

This was a good one I read once!!!
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of mine...thought I'd post it because it was one of the most memorable ones I had with the mom running down the trail at us, waving her arms and screaming "We have to be at Morgan Park in 5 minutes"...she was NOT a happy camper:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=c0490f52-bf69-4a66-b49e-746e02e35926
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: