MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2011 Fall Event
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: 2011 Fall Event Reply with quote

Any word on the fall event, like the when (in particular) or the where? My schedule is quickly filling up for the fall and I'd like to make it to the event, but I need the 'when' part in particular to pencil into the calendar.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 Fall Event Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
Any word on the fall event, like the when (in particular) or the where? My schedule is quickly filling up for the fall and I'd like to make it to the event, but I need the 'when' part in particular to pencil into the calendar.

The post asking for volunteers will be posted within the next 24 hours.
RudeRat
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The board met tonight, and it was decided that we will be having an event and elections again this fall. More info should be coming soon, but no date or location has been chosen as of now.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool beans - thanks.
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The volunteer thread is here http://mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6163.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

October 15, Fort Snelling. More details to come.

...and before anyone asks, MEA weekend is Oct. 20 & 21.

Thanks to Andrewmcc for contacting them for us!
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
October 15, Fort Snelling. More details to come.

Exciting; can't wait
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn - drill weekend Sad
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drat, just saw the date and that was the day I'm pondering putting together an event down here.
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamoCacher wrote:
Darn - drill weekend Sad

Me too! I recently heard someone (a Lieutenant Colonel, no less) say that if you forget on which weekend during the month you'll have drill, just pick the one that inconvenience the most people, and that's probably it. It also happens that on my "Finds by Found Date" grid, my only blank square for September is the 17th, when we'll be at Ripley.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15Tango wrote:
CamoCacher wrote:
Darn - drill weekend Sad

Me too! I recently heard someone (a Lieutenant Colonel, no less) say that if you forget on which weekend during the month you'll have drill, just pick the one that inconvenience the most people, and that's probably it. It also happens that on my "Finds by Found Date" grid, my only blank square for September is the 17th, when we'll be at Ripley.

Now that sucks! How are u going up? POV, Bus, or on the Army? If POV then you'll be in luck as that's departure date. I know several quick stop ones.
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamoCacher wrote:
15Tango wrote:
CamoCacher wrote:
Darn - drill weekend Sad

Now that sucks! How are u going up? POV, Bus, or on the Army? If POV then you'll be in luck as that's departure date. I know several quick stop ones.

POV - but my company training schedule has us showing up at Ripley on the morning of the 16th and departing late morning on the 18th, and there's also a closing formation at Rosemount that afternoon (and I haven't heard if that's mandatory or not). We do have white space on the 17th, but there are plans to keep us busy, and what kind of NCO would I be if I gave my soldiers a task to accomplish, and then just took off to score a cache? If I do get time, though, there is a cache just to the West of the Main Gate (I sure hope the BM in the cache name stands for Bench Mark) as well as a couple on a small chunk of State Land to the South that I have my eyes on.

Anyhow, to keep this thread on topic so it doesn't get broken up and confusing to everyone - have a great time at the Fall Event, and I'm sure CamoCacher and I will be there in spirit.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bare bones event page is up.
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:

it says it hasn't been published yet...
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigilwig44 wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:

it says it hasn't been published yet...

Waiting for publication.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: