MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a Board Member

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hypnopaedia
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Looking for a Board Member Reply with quote

The contact us form has never gotten me a response. I'm a Geocache here in Seattle and I've been looking for someone who has good knowledge of or even better is involved with the Geocaching Summer Event Best Buy sponsors. Please drop me an E-mail at bchiafalo@yahoo.com.

Thank you so much.
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Buy does not sponsor a Geocaching Summer event to my knowledge. They were sponsors of the first Minnesota State Parks Geocaching Challenge but that was a few years ago.
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the best of my knowledge it was the DNR and Minnesota State Parks that obtained Best Buy sponsorship for their opening of Geocaching in the State Parks. To the best of my knowledge Best Buy has never been had an association with the MnGCA nor GroundSpeak.

If the did have one with GroundSpeak then you would need to check on the national forums.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a Board Member Reply with quote

Hypnopaedia wrote:
Geocaching Summer Event

I've never even heard this term before...
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/What-is-Geocaching/pcmcat149600050186.c?id=pcmcat149600050186
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/What-is-Geocaching/pcmcat149600050186.c?id=pcmcat149600050186

Maybe BB will be the next cache listing service....? Shocked
Hypnopaedia
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So allow me to clarify. I'm aware BB has no relationship to Groundspeak or the MnGCA.

I am an Employee of the Geek Squad and an avid Geocacher. I have met with Groundspeak a number of times regarding some kind of BB/Geocaching relationship (Not unlike what R.E.I. does with Groundspeak).

Best Buy is a large corporation and it's difficult to find someone at corporate who understands the benefit of this.

Given that fact I have been trying to find out who at Best Buy worked on the sponsorship for that event.

In Washington, many of the active WSGA members have been around for awhile and know information like this, and I was hoping the same would be true in your state.

Any help you can give would be appreciated, other than simply e-mailing Best Buy as I am more than capable of doing that.

Thanks in advance.
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypnopaedia wrote:
So allow me to clarify. I'm aware BB has no relationship to Groundspeak or the MnGCA.

I am an Employee of the Geek Squad and an avid Geocacher. I have met with Groundspeak a number of times regarding some kind of BB/Geocaching relationship (Not unlike what R.E.I. does with Groundspeak).

Best Buy is a large corporation and it's difficult to find someone at corporate who understands the benefit of this.

Given that fact I have been trying to find out who at Best Buy worked on the sponsorship for that event.

In Washington, many of the active WSGA members have been around for awhile and know information like this, and I was hoping the same would be true in your state.

Any help you can give would be appreciated, other than simply e-mailing Best Buy as I am more than capable of doing that.

Thanks in advance.

I believe this was setup directly between the Mn State Parks and BB. I'm not aware of anyone in the MnGCA that had anything to do with it. In fact as I recall it came to quite a surprise to us as we were supposed to have a banner/logo on the caches. However when BB stepped in as a condition of the DNR getting the money they had to be the exclusive sponsor and our logo was no longer allowed to be on it.

I don't think anyone is with holding information and it's not a matter of how long people have been around. It's simply a matter of the BB sponsorship was done directly with BB and the DNR.
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll ask my sister. She works in the Best Buy corporate office. She might know who would have been involved on the BB side.
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister didn't know anything about it, but she said that it must have been someone in the same group she works in (marketing), so she will ask around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: