MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting August 2011 Cache Of The Month Nominations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Accepting August 2011 Cache Of The Month Nominations Reply with quote

Nominations for August 2011 Cache of the Month are now open (from now till end of day on July 31st). For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post with the caches name and what made it so special that you want to nominate it for Cache of the Month!

Orange cones, mosquitoes, high humidity - get out and enjoy 'construction' season!! Wink Happy 4th, be safe and have fun!
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate Plymouth Top Popper as a Cache of the Month Contender!

Don't want to give anything away, but the cache must have taken a ton of time to put together. Creative, funny, original, hilarious, and all sorts of other fun adjectives can apply here. Nicely done!
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's hot out there, but any other nominations for August CotM?
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manfromwillow nominated GC2XNNY - Insane Sleeping by GE90FAN

"the cache itself if very creative. but i am nominating this one for where it brings out. the cemetery at the Fergus Falls State Hospital. it has beem rumored that there are about 3000 fallen souls buried at the cemetery either in the main part, where the cache takes you to, or the other section of poppers graves. after the hospital had shut down the cemetery was used as farm land. yes crops were grown over top of caskets. thanks to some caring families, people have started to find their forgotten loved ones and place headstones on once unmarked graves.

its a very interesting place to check out, i wouldn't have found my way in without this cache."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: