MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trackable Clingtest... Part Deux
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Trackable Clingtest... Part Deux Reply with quote

Here's a repeat contest ala Merkman by way of EPMinnesota with a slight twist!

This is to continue the introduction of the new MnGCA Trackable Window Clings! It's actually a decal that goes on the outside of your vehicle. For this clingtest you'll need to guess the last two alphanumeric characters of the id. (That means the characters could be a letter or a number... ie 11, A1, AA are all possibilities.) So it doesn't go on forever (cause now there are more possibilities) the order doesn't matter [i.e. The guess 1A is the same as A1; 12 = 21 & AB=BA]. Just in case some one figured out some check sum or list of tracking numbers, I'm not posting any part of the tb tracking number. The winner will receive the decal and the trackable tags that go with it!!

You may guess 1 time per 24 hours that will end each day at 11:59pm.

Starting at 12:00am you can guess again.

Post your guess to the forum below and I'll reply when I can (probably will be like twice a day).

Sure you *might* win this one, but support the MNGCA and buy your own here. Cost is $12. Same price you'd pay for a generic one at Groundspeak and if postage is required it will only be .64! Decal size is 6"x3".

The decals carry a guarantee for 5 years in Minnesota weather. They were actually made with the 7 year vinyl so there should be no problem with them holding up!

Purchase of these decals help support the cost involved in keeping this website free to all users as well as help support the continued efforts of the MnGCA to promote responsible geocaching throughout Minnesota.

Here's a pic of the decal I won, not the one that's being used for the clingtest (my decal will be activated by midnight tonight, feel free to discover it, but please tell me what vehicle you "saw" it on - be creative! If it's real good, you'll get a bonus guess [solely at my digression (my contest, my arbitrary rules lol]).

I was going to use my purchased cling as a FTF prize, but who know when I'm going to get around to publishing my next cache, so wah lah! P.S. I was wrong about them being sequential or following any pattern (at least a pattern that I recognized).

Good luck to all! What's your guess? Check here for guesses so far! Clingtest Scorecard

Update on 7/11/2011:

In order to speed things up, starting tomorrow 7/12, everyone will be allowed 2 guesses. As an added bonus, those who have discovered my window cling before their guess may, instead of the two guesses, decide to use the 'shotgun' power up. What's that you say? Well, the person makes their guess and that guess also covers the squares in the Clingtest Scorecard to it's immediate north, south, east & west as guesses as well. For example, if the person were to guess Q4 with the 'shotgun' power up, that the equivalent of guessing Q3, Q4, Q5, P4 & R4. If a person were to guess Z4, with the shotgun option, they would also get Z3, Z5 & Y4 as guess, but not 44 (it doesn't 'wrap' around). Want to use the 'shotgun' and haven't discovered my cling, just do so before your guess and you can use the 'shotgun'.

Good luck, hopefully this will speed things along!

Update: While I hope the NFL lockout ends SOON, I'm hoping this ends sooner. So starting tomorrow 7/16, those who have discover the window cling that I won will be able to use both barrels of the shotgun (i.e. two shots a day) and those who haven't made the discovery will get 3 shots. Happy hunting Smile

Last edited by msteffel on Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:04 am; edited 3 times in total
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MN
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BK
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HQ
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:
MN

Arcticabn wrote:

Pear Head wrote:
BK

Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
HQ

Red_Devil35 wrote:

Survey says... X
No 'Fast Money' round today, try again tomorrow.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Trackable Clingtest... Part Deux Reply with quote

msteffel wrote:
Just in case some one figured out some check sum or list of tracking numbers, I'm not posting any part of the tb tracking number.

You're no fun. Smile

Q5
Lx2
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D2
Ramsey63
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C7
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BD
Valsey
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B4
team_geomonkey
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M4
Manfromwillow
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F2?
dmnrec
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: