MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New member here - looking for ppl to cache with

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvs2cache
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: New member here - looking for ppl to cache with Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I hope I'm posting in the right forum.

I'm looking for ppl to cache with. I live in Chaska and tend to cache mostly in my neck of the woods - I don't mind caching in new areas also. I have no problem going alone but it's just not as fun as going with someone. Besides, as a woman, there are sometimes that I would feel safer with a buddy Smile

I plan to join in on one of the local events as well at some point but wouldn't mind some impromptu caching after work some afternoons or weekends.

Are there any other women on this board that wouldn't mind a new geocaching buddy?

Thanks!

~Heather
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: New member here - looking for ppl to cache with Reply with quote

luvs2cache wrote:
Hi everyone,

I hope I'm posting in the right forum.

I'm looking for ppl to cache with. I live in Chaska and tend to cache mostly in my neck of the woods - I don't mind caching in new areas also. I have no problem going alone but it's just not as fun as going with someone. Besides, as a woman, there are sometimes that I would feel safer with a buddy Smile

I plan to join in on one of the local events as well at some point but wouldn't mind some impromptu caching after work some afternoons or weekends.

Are there any other women on this board that wouldn't mind a new geocaching buddy?

Thanks!

~Heather

Hi Heather, welcome to the MnGCA!
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should join everyone for weeknight caching tonight in Golden Valley. It is a great way to meet other cachers. Just look in the Events forum.
seamusbleu
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though it's close to home, I still have lots of Chaska caches left to find. Send me a pm if you want to do a cache run sometime.

I won't be making it this week, but I second the idea of joining in with the WNC gang. Look here for the postings.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WNC is a very good idea. I only found a few Chaska hides and live in Bloomington. I plan on getting Chaske soon. You may PM me if you wish.
luvs2cache
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the WNC suggestion. I missed tonight's but I'll be watching for the next one. Newbie question....what is WNC? Confused

Thanks Rustynails and seamusbleu I'll let you know next time I go out and am looking for company.
I work in Bloomington but haven't done any caching here - yet Very Happy . I'm surprised at the amount of caches in the Chaska/Chanhassen/Victoria area.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luvs2cache wrote:
Newbie question....what is WNC? Confused

WeekNIGHT caching. It's a very old tradition here and a great way to get introduced into the hobby/sport and meet (lots of) new people.
beagleboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luvs2cache wrote:
Thanks for the WNC suggestion. I missed tonight's but I'll be watching for the next one. Newbie question....what is WNC? Confused

or,

WNC=Wednesday Night Cachers

FNC=Friday Night Cachers
luvs2cache
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhhhh....That makes total sense. Smile
Hal-oween
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work in Shakopee but still have many Chaska caches to find. I would love to meet up after work. I am a middle aged (ahem) gal with teenage kids. Send an email through my GC account.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hal-oween wrote:
I work in Shakopee but still have many Chaska caches to find. I would love to meet up after work. I am a middle aged (ahem) gal with teenage kids. Send an email through my GC account.

You are NOT middle age. I should know. I'm older than you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: