MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WeekNIGHT caching, Wednesday June 22 at 7:30pm.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: WeekNIGHT caching, Wednesday June 22 at 7:30pm. Reply with quote

Sparkyfry hid some new caches for his CITO event, and now they are published for us all to find!
CITO Barry Zito
CITO Neato
CITO Speedo
CITO Judge Ito
And we can look for Medieval Woods while we are out there.
Parking at: N 44 58.900 W 093 22.850

Sparky recommends food at JJ's Clubhouse afterward.
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to come, but I may be occupied. I'll try to make it at least to JJ's afterwards, though. FYI, the hike to Judge Ito is fairly tough. I'd recommend going in directly from the west and grabbing Medieval Woods on the way. You should see be able to follow the trail left by the CITO crew on Saturday. Although you might be able to get to the caches to the south directly from Judge Ito, it would probably be easier just to hike back to Winnetka and take the sidewalk. Also, watch out for broken glass on the way to Medieval Woods/Judge Ito. Although we made a dent in it, it will probably take a few more CITO events before it's all cleared out. So wear thick shoes. Smile
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I appreciate the early post! I'm planning on it, although it will be just me without the boss. I guess I need to work on keeping my nice donut hole open!
Guitar Solo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be my second. I hope everything works out!
ThePurplePuppy
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there! Thanks for organizing! Very Happy
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got them at the CITO event and may pass.

You might want to get the Earth cache and Greedo since you will be parked only a couple hundred feet from them.
kendrick0861
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These look like fun, I plan on being there.
PCC322
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I can be there. There are just 2 in the set I need, but I DO need them. One I couldn't find. I know how now courtesy of Sparkyfry, and the other one looked too risky for an old man.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My schedule is more open than normal, so I'm hoping to arrive a little early to pick up Guido, Greedo, and the earthcache. Anyone want to join me? I'm thinking I'll start Guido about 6:45. I have the rest of GV/PV cleared out. Very Happy
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
My schedule is more open than normal, so I'm hoping to arrive a little early to pick up Guido, Greedo, and the earthcache. Anyone want to join me? I'm thinking I'll start Guido about 6:45. I have the rest of GV/PV cleared out. Very Happy

I might be able to do that. I have a meeting in EP until 5ish, and I have to run some errands after that. I will give you a call when I know more.
Guitar Solo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:

We will try. Which is first?
kendrick0861
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be able to do some pre-caching too. I think we should go to Guido first then up to Greedo and The Golden valley Earthcache. Looks like there is parking at both locations.
Guitar Solo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:

I might be able to do that. I have a meeting in EP until 5ish, and I have to run some errands after that. I will give you a call when I know more.

Actually, it turns out that we can't. Anyone that is interested in some Post-WeekNIGHT Caching is welcome to join us. We would be doing the same as the Pre-WeekNIGHT Cachers.
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can run my errands and get my training run in time I'm going to try and make it tonight! Odds aren't very good that I'll be able to make the 6:45 early caches, but I'll try.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kendrick0861 wrote:
Should be able to do some pre-caching too. I think we should go to Guido first then up to Greedo and The Golden valley Earthcache. Looks like there is parking at both locations.

Yes this is what I was thinking. 6:45 at Guido. Doesn't leave us much time for dnf's so everyone come prepared to move quick!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: