MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOMINATIONS: Your Favorite cache in MN
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swfan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigilwig44 wrote:
Thanks swfan for nominating:

Life's a beach

as your favorite cache in Minnesota.

Too bad someone recently recked it.
pinkmonkey2
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GC1505Z Life's a Beach by Uffda320 in Walker.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offence but this thread is a bit odd. Does the favorite count, like that used in KB's Lucky 13 challenge, tell the real story?? I've found a lot of cool caches and while the ones mentioned are very good, it would be VERY tough for me to order my top 25.
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
No offence but this thread is a bit odd. Does the favorite count, like that used in KB's Lucky 13 challenge, tell the real story?? I've found a lot of cool caches and while the ones mentioned are very good, it would be VERY tough for me to order my top 25.

I agree the thread is somewhat odd, but even the favorites count is somewhat tainted by the number of visits some caches recieve over others.

I still am yet to record my first "favorite" vote, as when I do so I want to start at day one and assign a vote to some memorable caches which may have long since been archived.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this topic the reason we have the recommended caches listed on the main page as well as the cache of the month/year?
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I've got 863 favorite points. Never used a one of them. I guess if we went that way, I could really stack the deck someplace. But I won't. Don't really plan on using them.
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:

It's slightly odd, but no moreso than any of the other means of calculating favorites. None of them are exactly scientific. The "Favorite" feature on gc.com is biased towards caches that get visited a lot and downright exclusionary towards those who aren't premium members. The Cache of the Month and/or Year on this site is biased towards people who hang out on the MnGCA forums and who are motivated to nominate a cache in a given month. (I'm still kind of surprised "Unequivocally Puzzle Valley" won cache of the month after I nominated it.) This effort certainly isn't any less scientific. I figured I'd acknowledge sigilwig44's initiative and put forward the first nomination. I only hope the final image for the winner's cache page is a bit smaller. Smile
spinowner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkyfry wrote:
The "Favorite" feature on gc.com is biased towards caches that get visited a lot and downright exclusionary towards those who aren't premium members.

Good points, both of which have occurred to me as well. Regarding the second point, I'm a basic member dinosaur (as I've mentioned on other threads) but whether I am able to favorite a cache is not something I care about. Regarding the first point, a better stat for a cache would be favorites per find.
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkyfry wrote:
I only hope the final image for the winner's cache page is a bit smaller. Very Happy

Oh, dont worry, if will be! (the one I posted is a little huge)!
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I;m going on vacation for the 4th. The poll will have to be a little late. Just givin' you a little extra time to nominate.
NeverSummer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I literally went through my entire cache find list in MN and didn't find anything that really made me ga-ga. But, I would say "Black Beach" (http://coord.info/GC154EY) was a favorite to hunt and enjoy the view. The cache itself was lacking a bit. So I suppose my favorite spot a MN geocache has taken me to was atop that rock in Silver Bay.

The best caches for me have been well-stocked, maintained, possibly a cool theme or puzzle, and located in a cool or special place. I'm still waiting to find these working in concert with one around here
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED, PLEASE VOTE IN THE. POLL: YOUR FAVORITE CACHE IN MN.
uffda320
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life's a Beach will be back online shortly. It's been refurbished and better than ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: