MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady and Laddy bugs
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:08 pm    Post subject: HELP!!!! Reply with quote

We picked up a travel bug in Arizona last week and thought we would get to another cache before we left. Unfortunately that didn't happen and we had to bring it home with us. Embarassed It wants to stay in Arizona so we need to find a geocacher headed down there. Please let me know if there is anyone out there who would be willing to take the bug and place it in an Arizona cache. Fair warning though it is hotter than h--- down there!!! Twisted Evil Thanks
hardware
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'd better hurry and get it back there before the bug owner sends you an impolite e-mail with an edict that the bug stays in arizona.

you could end up the topic of a thread called "what i hate about geocaching" on the AzGCA board. you don't want that!
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you'd better hurry and get it back there before the bug owner sends you an impolite e-mail with an edict that the bug stays in arizona.

you could end up the topic of a thread called "what i hate about geocaching" on the AzGCA board. you don't want that!

Won't give up, will you?

Let's look at the difference. This bug was picked up, and is here. the one who possesses it discovered the goal, and is trying to return it.

Another bug was picked up, and one who possessed it wanted to create a NEW goal for it, and it had not left the state yet.

Not even close to the same thing.

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
LanceVE
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad there isn't a city called Arizona in Minnesota.....

I know there's a county called Ramsey in North Dakota. Unfortunately, it doesn't have ANY geocaches in it....

What's the bug's name or TBnnnn? (The TBnnnn number is in the upper left corner of the bug page where it says "Use TBnnnn to reference this bug"
hardware
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingboreas wrote:
Won't give up, will you?

Let's look at the difference. This bug was picked up, and is here. the one who possesses it discovered the goal, and is trying to return it.

Another bug was picked up, and one who possessed it wanted to create a NEW goal for it, and it had not left the state yet.

who said this had anything to do with you, king, or should i say, sheriff. [inflamitory statment removed by moderator]

but since you brought it up, [inflamitory statment removed by moderator]yeah, that's right, i wanted to take a travel bug to california. i picked one up without knowing its goal. i made it clear that i had no intention of taking it to california. i never intended to change its goal, which would be obvious to anyone with basic reading comprehension skills. but if it makes you fell better to play the part of a victim, [inflamitory statment removed by moderator], then please do.

[towlebooth here - let's keep the speech to away from personal attacks. That way the speech can stay free!]

Last edited by hardware on Fri May 30, 2003 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
LanceVE
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Won't give up, will you?

But it was the same thing when my Mom picked up Me2 (who hadn't been logged into the cache yet, and DIDN'T HAVE A MISSION TAG).

Frankly, when they come into town now, they don't have any interest in visiting any of your caches and she never wants to see any of your travel bugs again, inlcuding all, what is it, 12 of them that don't want to leave Ramsey county.
Irvingdog
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to travel bugs.......I had Centris (Geo-Nanny) babysit one of my bugs and affix a wonderful info tag to it so that it would stay it's course, and it has darn near completed it's mission ONLY because of that tag (thanks M'lady). Any of my bugs that have failed or strayed were my fault alone because I never bothered to spell-it-out. It is MY goal. Not the finders. Because so many bugs in this world are random bouncers, and there are so many "newbies", it's tough asign failure to something so chaotic. Rolling Eyes The ones that succeeded were blessed with avoiding the chaos theory. I do, however, try to carefully understand the mission of a bug before I move it and if I messed up (which I've done) then I feel like Embarassed .
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it friendly please. I hate using the moderator stick folks. I'm not going to lock this thread yet as it is on an important topic. I will be watching.
Lady and Laddy bugs
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you all know the outcome of my mistake in picking up the arizona star... I contacted the owner since I was not finding anyone going all the way to Arizona and he kindly said to just place it in a cache up here and see how long it takes to get back to AZ. So I will be placing it somewhere in MN soon.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone in the twin cities area going to Duluth/Superior SOON? I have a TB that needs to get back there ASAP

Yes, I made a middle-of-the-night cache run boo-boo:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?ID=50127

Check out the goal. ANYBODY?
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard a rumor that s4xton and the not-so-Silent Bob are headed that way soon.
Lady and Laddy bugs
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Duluth Reply with quote

If you still need to get the bug to Duluth, I will be heading up there on May 1. Let me know if the bug needs a ride. Rolling Eyes
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
Heard a rumor that s4xton and the not-so-Silent Bob are headed that way soon.

Actually, I think that the rumor was that Moe the Sleaze and no-so-Silent Bob are heading that way soon. s4xton might be coming along but he has been busy placing his own caches Wink so I dunno.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: