MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whereigo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Whereigo Reply with quote

Can you still create new whereigo cartridges? I was thinking it would be fun but didn't know if they were still actively list-able.
qwerty2582
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yessir!

I tried creating one and got stuck. You can download the dev tools from www.wherigo.com (although there are some third party tools available now too, just google for them).

If you get stuck, just start asking people who have created them Smile
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qwerty2582 wrote:
Yessir!

I tried creating one and got stuck. You can download the dev tools from www.wherigo.com (although there are some third party tools available now too, just google for them).

If you get stuck, just start asking people who have created them Smile

Cool. I am going to give it a shot then
Brooklyn51
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a peek at Earwigo. It seems like it has a much more straight forward interface and is fully compatible with Wherigo. You will have to send the guy an email to subscribe to his user group (free) but the support there seems to very good.
www.earwigo.net
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooklyn51 wrote:
Take a peek at Earwigo. It seems like it has a much more straight forward interface and is fully compatible with Wherigo. You will have to send the guy an email to subscribe to his user group (free) but the support there seems to very good.
www.earwigo.net

Sorry, I had earwigs in my house last year and don't think I could use anything with that name.
Hunter-Killer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who do not have the luxury of a where I go capable gps, but own an I-phone, a free app is available for Download from the i tunes store. This is now the official Groundspeak, Inc. app! Also, game is auto-saved on quitting for uploading your unlock file. Plus minor improvements to better support more cartridges.

Check out the Historic Hudson where I go in the description Photo LOL We actually had that loaded for the two trips that we were in the area, and never got around to it because of Fire Hydrants, the first time, and the second time a heck of a breakfast and thunder storm. Never tried it ourselves, as we have an Oregon, but for those that would like to get a where I go to their credit,and own a I phone, it may be an option for you.
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter-Killer wrote:
For those who do not have the luxury of a where I go capable gps, but own an I-phone, a free app is available for Download from the i tunes store. This is now the official Groundspeak, Inc. app! Also, game is auto-saved on quitting for uploading your unlock file. Plus minor improvements to better support more cartridges.

Our own local cacher spstanley created the iPhone whereigo app. Some may recall it was called piGo for a while, and now it's been rebranded as the official Groundspeak whereigo iPhone application. Congrats Shawn!
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedysk1 wrote:
Hunter-Killer wrote:

Our own local cacher spstanley created the iPhone whereigo app. Some may recall it was called piGo for a while, and now it's been rebranded as the official Groundspeak whereigo iPhone application. Congrats Shawn!

Cool!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: