MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What would Jeremy do? [post 1 liners here]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
that just sux
So you're saying Jeremy would just.............nevermind.
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask users to buy him a hiptop when amazon.com is selling them for $29.95.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickrich wrote:
Ask users to buy him a hiptop when amazon.com is selling them for $29.95.

To be fair he is working so hard on breaking the website (profiles being the most recent) he doesn't have time to go geocaching or to surf amazon.com.

My hiptop should be here tomorrow. I can now use that to bitch too!
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread is here.

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=27779

As a result he fixed most of the basic pages to work. The problem there was never the hiptop, it was his site. There are still portions of the site he has neglected to fix - and I'm sure some browsers probably barf on it.

Also, enjoy seeing s4xton a) Not really know exactly what he's talking about and b) Kiss Jeremy's butt to get it fixed.

-Aaron
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 13) Because too many people take off a holiday and go caching is the reason the server has problems again...
pogopod
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: <piece of $%&/ web site Reply with quote

I am sitting in a n internet cafe in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico at 9:30 in the morning trying to be a good cacher and logging my bug drops here in Mexico. Can I get into geocaching .com? no chance. Server too busy for the last half hour. What a pain in the butt.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plugged everything into the same power strip....and blew the power strip........http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=69380
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Not enough disk space... Reply with quote

I decided it would be a good idea to not have enough disk space so people can't upload photos of their drunken cache excursions!

Code:
[Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is not enough space on the disk.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.IOException: There is not enough space on the disk.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[IOException: There is not enough space on the disk.]
   WebSupergoo.ABCUpload5.UploadedFile.SaveAs(String path) +180
   Geocaching.UI.ImageUploadPanel.ProcessFile() +480
   Geocaching.UI.ImageUploadPanel.btnUpload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +7
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +58
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1315

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When a larger company is looking for someone to fill a position, they look internally for talent. Since we're an itty bitty company, why not look within the geocaching community for talent?

You need to be a web developer experienced in asp.net, SQL and vb.net, and not just book smarts. You're basically working with me to eventually take over the feature enhancements of geocaching.com. I'm getting to the point where 1] I need backup and 2] I need help. Well, I always needed help but I think I may actually be able to pay someone to help me now.

We're in Seattle and there are no moving expenses, so you're on your own. I'm going to be extremely picky so if you don't think you can do the job, don't apply. Obviously someone passionate about geocaching should apply, but you also have to be comfortable enough to maintain a highly visible and highly trafficked web site. In Dot net. And no, I'm not considering porting the site to PHP and MySql, so don't ask.

Send your resume and salary requirements to jobs @ groundspeak.com. I'll see if I get some responses here in the forums, and if it's bone dry I'll extend my search to the more traditional channels.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitch wrote:
In Dot net. And no, I'm not considering porting the site to PHP and MySql, so don't ask.

I just don't understand why he wouldn't use something that has been shown to be far superior and less hardware intensive...
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very simple. He's based out of Seattle, and obviously has some ins with Microsoft.
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
It's very simple. He's based out of Seattle, and obviously has some ins with Microsoft.

Well, not everyone in Cupertino uses Mac OS X, and not everyone in Finland uses Linux....

He's just going with what he feels comfortable with. Pretty funny how many people have confronted him about this subject too - where he has to even mention it in the job posting.

-Aaron
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s4xton wrote:
He's just going with what he feels comfortable with. Pretty funny how many people have confronted him about this subject too - where he has to even mention it in the job posting.

If he was comfortable with it so would we.
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Good point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: