MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Change in the email policy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Change in the email policy Reply with quote

The board has voted to update the email policy to allow us to send a newsletter to all our users. From the meeting minutes of our January 20, 2011 meeting:
Quote:
Formation of a newsletter
The Board has decided to send out a quarterly newsletter. It is planned to be a basic update of news and upcoming events that people may have missed in the forums. There may also be summaries of articles appearing on the webpage—again, for those that may have missed the original submission. Reminder: all members may submit articles for the website and this new newsletter.

Emailing membership
Pursuant to the email policy of the MnGCA, the general membership will have an opportunity to opt-out of receiving the newsletter. The membership page will be updated to provide this opt-out option. When this new feature is available it will be announced in the forums.

Current email policy:
Quote:
The Minnesota Geocaching Association asks that you provide valid contact information in order to contact you directly for important association communications. Important association communications are limited to yearly Board of Directors' nominations and the unlikely event of association dissolution. The Board of Directors reserves the right to amend this list at any time provided it notify the general membership of its modifications first and allow ample time for opting out of the new changes.
The MnGCA Board of Directors is committed to keeping your contact information private and we are committed to adhering to the guidelines set forth in our privacy policy.

If you do not wish to be contacted in any way by the MnGCA Board of Directors then please opt-out but be aware that you will not receive any notifications outside of the MnGCA website.

Amended email policy:
Quote:
The Minnesota Geocaching Association asks that you provide valid contact information in order to contact you directly for important association communications. Important association communications to include yearly Board of Directors' nominations, a quarterly or biannual newletter and the unlikely event of association dissolution. The Board of Directors reserves the right to amend this list at any time provided it notify the general membership of its modifications first and allow ample time for opting out of the new changes.
The MnGCA Board of Directors is committed to keeping your contact information private and we are committed to adhering to the guidelines set forth in our privacy policy.

If you do not wish to be contacted in any way by the MnGCA Board of Directors then please opt-out but be aware that you will not receive any notifications outside of the MnGCA website.

Instructions:
To opt OUT, (or back IN if you opted out previously), click on "My account" from the left side of the front page , then the "Edit" tab, then "User Information", look for the checkbox at the bottom of the screen for opting out. Check the box next to:
Quote:
Don't agree to the email usage policy?
Do you want to opt out of receiving e-mails sent in accordance with the MnGCA E-mail Usage Policy? Check this box to opt out.
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.

We plan to send out the newsletter in about a month. Again, if you do not wish to be contacted in any way by the MnGCA Board of Directors then please opt-out but be aware that you will not receive any notifications outside of the MnGCA website.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've split the newsletter issues into its own thread:

http://mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6928
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I DID NOT opt-out and yet I never recieved the newsletter. How do I get one?
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rustynails wrote:

Someone just sent me one. Thanks for doing that. But strange that it was sent to my work email. This is not llisted on MnGCA. How did this happen?
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rustynails wrote:
Rustynails wrote:

Someone just sent me one. Thanks for doing that. But strange that it was sent to my work email. This is not llisted on MnGCA. How did this happen?

Pear Head wrote:
I've split the newsletter issues into its own thread:

http://mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6928

Please use that thread for newsletter issues.

This thread is locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: