MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weirdest Muggle Story
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Weirdest Muggle Story Reply with quote

After encountering a gregarious drunk man at a cache last night, I was wondering if people had other good stories. I suggest reading the logs to that cache if you need inspiration. Here's the link:
http://coord.info/GC2TC6T
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be hard to top that one. I have tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some drunk loser got in my face and wanted to pick a fight by that downtown Minneapolis bus stop cache. Not the Shining Light cache but the other cache on the south end of downtown. He went off on a rage pushing me around. Shouting at me about how arrogant I was for not wanting to talk to him. I finally told him I was an official Bus Shelter inspector and that if he didn't back off, I'd have him arrested. Luckily he bought the line and backed off instead of pounding the crap out of me.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of a homeless guy FSU*Noles and I met in New Hampshire who talked our ear off for a while. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=74db4b8b-7a8e-4772-935d-d862e0762478
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was approached in St Charles once while out caching...they (yes...they) were going to save my soul...
...little did they know that I had left it a cache...got a neat used bottle cap for it!!!
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very hilarious and well told!
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave is probably sitting out overlooking GZ from his porch today trying to remember details of the "dream" about the cache he somewhat remembers from last night. Therefore, the next Sunday night cache adventure may be just as new for Dave as it is for the cachers.
Ramsey63
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I have had several ‘interesting’ muggle experiences, but one ‘nice’ one occurred on July 12, 2008 at the cache Northern Pike at Ft. Snelling State Park. We came back 4 months later to finally make the find. Here is the link: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=3c0a6eef-6ed9-4e2b-a361-3017a5f1c773
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsey63 wrote:
My wife and I have had several ‘interesting’ muggle experiences, but one ‘nice’ one occurred on July 12, 2008 at the cache Northern Pike at Ft. Snelling State Park. We came back 4 months later to finally make the find. Here is the link: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=3c0a6eef-6ed9-4e2b-a361-3017a5f1c773

Fun!
Guitar Solo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Wow! Reply with quote

I'd like to take credit for this whole ordeal Smile and thank sparkyfry for giving me some publicity! Cool I always think twice before going there alone now... Especially as he 'recalls someone walking in circles' near GZ. Sorry about all of the confusion about the FTF that could have been avoided; I got caught up in all of the other stuff. Yes, that means puzzle. Smile
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite was when I was looking for one of Rickrich's altoids tins under a trail pedestrian bridge, in Chanhassen, and this old lady out for a walk approached while I was crouched wedged in the maybe three foot space under there and nervously asked if I was "OK" and all I could think of to say was "Yes I'm fine."

She crossed the bridge (and probably herself) quickly and moved on. Embarassed
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iv'e never ran into a muggle really before other than a police officer in Forest Lake, MN.
commander & chief
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had numerous encounters with the strange and unique (including quite a few LEO encounters). I would have to say that the weirdest would have to be when we crossed paths with a bi-polar schizophrenic homeless woman who attacked our vehicle (chipping the windshield) and basically accused us of all sorts of strange things when searching for GCQFX6 (one of KB's old Caches along HY 56). To not so accurately quote her; "Your Packer crap is shooting right through me!!). It turns out that for the last few days she had been sleeping in an abandoned vehicle near GZ and for some reason really took offense to the Green Bay Packer decorations that adorn our Cache mobile. At one point I had to position myself between Commander and this Pysco Chick to avoid any possible physical harm. After the County LEOs found her and got her back with her family and her MEDICATIONS, I'm told she's doing much better (although probably still a misguided Packer hater). Confused
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

commander & chief wrote:
We've had numerous encounters with the strange and unique (including quite a few LEO encounters). I would have to say that the weirdest would have to be when we crossed paths with a bi-polar schizophrenic homeless woman who attacked our vehicle (chipping the windshield) and basically accused us of all sorts of strange things when searching for GCQFX6 (one of KB's old Caches along HY 56). To not so accurately quote her; "Your Packer crap is shooting right through me!!). It turns out that for the last few days she had been sleeping in an abandoned vehicle near GZ and for some reason really took offense to the Green Bay Packer decorations that adorn our Cache mobile. At one point I had to position myself between Commander and this Pysco Chick to avoid any possible physical harm. After the County LEOs found her and got her back with her family and her MEDICATIONS, I'm told she's doing much better (although probably still a misguided Packer hater). Confused

That does have to be one of the weirdest stories I've ever heard, muggle or not. I mean who doesn't like the Packers! Very Happy Laughing Wink
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

commander & chief wrote:

I can't fault her for not liking the Packers. I might do the same if I saw your car Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: