MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FOR SALE: 1 two-tone 2007 and 5 2009 MnGCA geocoins

View previous topic :: View next topic  
firstbass
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: FOR SALE: 1 two-tone 2007 and 5 2009 MnGCA geocoins Reply with quote

Dear friends,

I would like to sell one unactivated two-tone 2007 MnGCA geocoin and a complete set of five unactivated 2009 MnGCA geocoins.

The two-tone 2007 coin is pictured here:
http://mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=42991#42991
45 of these were made in the initial run, and 25 were made in a second run.
I paid $10 for this coin.

The five 2009 coins are pictured here:
http://mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=62466#62466
I am selling the set together, one of each plating: antique copper, antique gold, shiny gold, antique silver, shiny silver.
60 of the copper coin were made.
I paid $55 for these five coins.

I would like to hold two simultaneous blind auctions (technically first-price sealed-bid auctions) for (A) the two-tone coin and (B) the five 2009 coins.

Auction A will have a starting bid of $10, and I will donate the winning amount, minus the $10 I paid, in the winner's name to MnGCA.

Auction B will have a starting bid of $55, and I will donate the winning amount, minus the $55 I paid, in the winner's name to MnGCA.

Please send me a PM, specifying Auction A or B in the subject line, with your bid by Saturday, March 19, at 11:59 p.m. Feel free to bid for both, but please bid once in each auction. In the case of equal top bids, the earlier top bid wins.

Thanks for your interest!

PS As you may know, the Geocaching A**bag has a considerable carrying capacity, but even the G.A. needs a spring cleaning occasionally.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's Firstbass? Very Happy
firstbass
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Who's Firstbass? Very Happy
Indeed. Smile Before some other smart a** gets a chance to answer: firstbass was the hunk of flesh that the G.A. was strapped around, remember? Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know who G.A. is -- there was a firstbass, too? Laughing
firstbass
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to blueirocguy, who won Auction A with a winning bid of $28.50, and thanks to him for his generous donation of $18.50 to MnGCA.

There were no bids on the 2009 coin set. Maybe I should have thrown in a free Geocaching A**bag to the winner?

Anyway, I don't feel right taking these to eBay. I'll sell them individually now, $10 each, first-come, first-served via PM. I'll chuck in an unactivated TB to the first person to buy two or more of the coins.

I'll sell G.A. for $10,000. Lucid?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firstbass wrote:
Congratulations to blueirocguy, who won Auction A with a winning bid of $28.50, and thanks to him for his generous donation of $18.50 to MnGCA.

There were no bids on the 2009 coin set. Maybe I should have thrown in a free Geocaching A**bag to the winner?

Anyway, I don't feel right taking these to eBay. I'll sell them individually now, $10 each, first-come, first-served via PM. I'll chuck in an unactivated TB to the first person to buy two or more of the coins.

I'll sell G.A. for $10,000. Lucid?

Why don't you feel right? You paid for them. They're yours. I'll go out on a limb and support your listing of them on eBay.

In fact, when I get out of the caching business, that's the first place I'll be listing my growing collection.
firstbass
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Why don't you feel right? You paid for them. They're yours. I'll go out on a limb and support your listing of them on eBay.
Thanks. I don't disagree that I would be entitled to sell them for whatever, wherever. But because I was involved in the production and sale of the 2009 coin, I wouldn't want to create the impression that somehow I made decisions about the coin then so that I could profit later. Also, I'd rather see the coins in the hands of people who are involved in MnGCA. I know this isn't foolproof -- someone could sign up for an account just to buy a coin, or someone could buy the coin and turn it around on eBay themselves.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

firstbass wrote:
bflentje wrote:
Thanks. I don't disagree that I would be entitled to sell them for whatever, wherever. But because I was involved in the production and sale of the 2009 coin, I wouldn't want to create the impression that somehow I made decisions about the coin then so that I could profit later. Also, I'd rather see the coins in the hands of people who are involved in MnGCA. I know this isn't foolproof -- someone could sign up for an account just to buy a coin, or someone could buy the coin and turn it around on eBay themselves.

Sell them on eBay.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Bart. I applaud the fact that you're being very up front about the whole thing, including making a profit, and appreciate the fact that you're donating the additional funds to the organization (and trying to sell through the organization first).

What you do is naturally your decision, but I wouldn't have any concerns from an organizational point of view (or any POV) if you were to sell them on eBay to the highest bidder and sqander the money on whatever you math people squander money on Wink. They're yours, and since you mentioned that you paid for them then you got them the same product as the rest of us, so you didn't influence anything IMHO.
firstbass
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
sell them on eBay to the highest bidder and sqander the money on whatever you math people squander money on Wink.
OK, in a week, after folks here have a chance. I do need a new protractor.
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

firstbass wrote:
I do need a new protractor.
Depending on how lucrative the sale is, you could always buy G.A. 2.

You know, for company. Cool
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

firstbass wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
sell them on eBay to the highest bidder and sqander the money on whatever you math people squander money on Wink.
OK, in a week, after folks here have a chance. I do need a new protractor.

Just bought a protractor at Office Depot for $7.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Buy / Sell / Trade All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: