MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Online pathtag trading

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Online pathtag trading Reply with quote

OK, all you pathtag collectors out there, answer me this.

I've started getting requests online to trade pathatgs. How do you handle these? Do you keep your tags open for trading?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect you can do whatever suits your fancy. Trade or don't trade.. the question is, do you collect them as well? If that's the case, trade is your answer. Wink
team_geomonkey
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can set your pathtag to not show in the gallery and you can set it to not be available for trade. I don't do online trading, unless what they have is something I really want. Folks can still email you wanting to trade - some personal messages and some automated - they find your tag in other peoples collections. I find myself ignoring a lot of the requests.
Aix sponsa
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rude. I delete the requests. If it is someone that I know or have heard of I mentally make note of who it is. If I see them at an event I'd trade or give the pathtags away. I don't need a pathtag in return. If I were caching in the area the person lives in, I'd let them know that I had left pathtags nearby. I like to collect them from caches. I don't find many of them so I prize every one. My framed 5x7 magnet still has a lot of empty space on it. I drop off my pathtags in caches here and there or give them away at events. Anyone who would like one is welcome to have one if they obtain it by caching. That is just how I do it.

she_wolf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Online pathtag trading Reply with quote

WestSideDaddy wrote:
OK, all you pathtag collectors out there, answer me this.

I've started getting requests online to trade pathatgs. How do you handle these? Do you keep your tags open for trading?

I trade on-line, at events, and also drop in caches. Some folks ONLY drop in caches, or only trade in person - I suppose that would save me lots of money as in I wouldn't have so many tags.... but I just can't help myself ....

Talking about Path tagging, there is a new term out there .... "Puggles" those would be non-Path taggers - a hybrid of Path taggers & Muggles Razz
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Online pathtag trading Reply with quote

she_wolf wrote:
Talking about Path tagging, there is a new term out there .... "Puggles" those would be non-Path taggers - a hybrid of Path taggers & Muggles Razz

Guess I'm a puggle then. But I'm not a buggle (non-benchmarker), nor am I a wuggle (non-wherigoer) nor a chuggle (non-challenge cache finder), so it all evens out.
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Online pathtag trading Reply with quote

sparkyfry wrote:
she_wolf wrote:

Guess I'm a puggle then. But I'm not a buggle (non-benchmarker), nor am I a wuggle (non-wherigoer) nor a chuggle (non-challenge cache finder), so it all evens out.

Sigh... I have to admit that I am a buggle, a wuggle, and a chuggle.
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Online pathtag trading Reply with quote

knowschad wrote:
Sigh... I have to admit that I am a buggle, a wuggle, and a chuggle.

Are you a socuggle (no-SOC's)? I am in theory, but find it too much effort in practice.
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my sister in law's dog is a puggle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: