MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2011 MnGCA Fantasy Baseball
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: 2011 MnGCA Fantasy Baseball Reply with quote

It's here!!

Yes put away the snowshoes (almost), store those ice augers (really, Minnetonka is pretty thin in spots, so be safe) and dig out those baseball gloves (or at least have a vague idea where they may be) Cause the second season of baseball at Target Field is right around the corner, which means you too can out Pohlad the Pohlad's and own your own Yahoo Fantasy Baseball team!

Here's the info you need to know:

The league will be a head to head league. VERY similar to fantasy football. This is how Yahoo describes the scoring system:

At the end of the week, you will receive one win for every category that you won (beat your opponent) and one loss for every category that you lost (defeated by your opponent).

It is important to remember that there are no daily wins/losses accumulated in a Head-to-Head league.

Each category in a Head-to-Head matchup represents one game. The duration of your Head-to-Head matchup is one weekóbeginning on Monday and concluding on Sunday.

You will see a score displayed on your league overview page as the week progresses. For example, after Wednesday's games have been completed, you may be leading your opponent 6-4.

This indicates that you are leading in six categories and trailing in four categories after Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday totals have been added together. This does not mean you have won six games or won Wednesday's matchup.

In a Head-to-Head league, seven days of statistics are added to arrive at the weekly total for each team. You will receive one win for each category that you outperformed your opponent in and one loss for each category in which you were outperformed by your opponent.

So where do you find all this fun? http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy and look for the baseball link, then use the instructions below for the league ID and password. It is a 12 team league, so the next 11 to jump on the bandwagon get to have all the fun!

League ID#: 69372
Password: garminrules

(Yes as the commish I get to annoy Magellan owners right off the bat, but feel free to play anways!)

Last thing you need to know, we have a LIVE draft set up for March 24th at 7pm, if that date does not work for you the computer will pick for you, so don't let that stop you from joining. More details about the draft once we get everyone in the league!

PLAY BALL!
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in!!! Very Happy
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamoCacher wrote:
I'm in!!! Very Happy

Is your team "batter up?" Just curious if this is you cause the account name is really odd/spamlike, but I didn't want to do anything just yet.
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for setting this up. I'm in, too, and don't have a spammy name.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNMizzou wrote:
CamoCacher wrote:
I'm in!!! Very Happy

Is your team "batter up?" Just curious if this is you cause the account name is really odd/spamlike, but I didn't want to do anything just yet.

Yep thats me.
psubrian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bummed I didn't know about fantasy football, I'm not going to let this one slide by.
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't mind a fantasy newbie, I'm up for it.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All are welcome!! There are only 2 slots left though, so if you haven't signed up, you might want to act fast...
JJnTJ
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now there's only one slot left!

Hope you all don't mind us taking this not-at-all seriously. Smile
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other sports/gambling news, there is one more slot available for the baseball league (and we need an even number of teams) So don't delay, join today!
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full!

I guess since there might not be football [#$%@ Owners (and players, but mostly Owner)!] I'm going to have to try some other fantasy sport to get my fix.
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yar! Just missed it? I knew there was something I meant to check on the forums.

I'd love to be on a waitlist if someone changes their mind or the league expands. My son was asking about something like this the other day.
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SNB, you can have my spot. Truthfully, I'd rather wait and hope there is football. I'll add you as a co-owner and then drop.
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

I've sent a message via email. This is a very kind offer, but you just signed up and were here before me! I'd feel guilty! You should play and have fun.
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark has generously offered up his spot in the league to us. We've made the bank transfer of $5 million and now own the DNFFootballSurrogate! Thanks, Mark!

EDIT: All set. All FEAR the Horrendous Hiccups!

This will be my first time EVER in a fantasy league, by the way. My son is really looking forward to this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: