MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voting in the polls?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooklyn51
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Voting in the polls? Reply with quote

How do I vote in the polls?
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this time...the only one open is April...

Otherwise, it is simply opening the thread and clicking on one of the radio buttons at the very top of the thread...following up with "Submit".

I am not sure what else to say at this moment...let us know and we will do our best to help out.
Brooklyn51
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm.. there doesn't to be any radio buttons. The list of 'permissions' at the bottom of the page indicate that I can vote however.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you see when you open the April Poll??? Either describe or post a screen pic if possible...
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't vote already did you?
seldon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you logged in? I don't think you can vote if you are not logged in (at least I can't)
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has to be logged in, otherwise he wouldn't be able to make the post here.

To be sure we're talking apples and apples:

In this thread:

http://mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5970

Tell me what you see immediately above msteffel's first post. Are you seeing the voting results, or are you seeing the the ability to pick one of four caches and the "submit vote" button below it?

If you see the results of the vote (it will list the "total votes") then that means that you (or someone else perhaps in your house that accidentally used your account) voted (or that the time to vote has passed, which isn't the case at the moment).
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this be a "User Issue" vs. a "Member issue"? I know my son wasn't able to vote for this years T-shirt design, but he was able to last year. Having said that is there a place that lists just members and not all users?
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:
Could this be a "User Issue" vs. a "Member issue"? I know my son wasn't able to vote for this years T-shirt design, but he was able to last year. Having said that is there a place that lists just members and not all users?

I found the member list I was looking for here and I don't see Brooklyn51 on that list, which might be the problem??
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need the answer to Pearhead's question.

seldon is also not on the member list and given his post, it sounds like he can vote [seldon, can you confirm if you've voted for CotM previously or was it in another part of the form?] as long as he was logged in, so it doesn't seem like not being a member would be an issue.

I believe (and could be wrong) that being able to vote is basically the same rights as being able to post to a forum. Obviously, Brooklyn51 can post to the CotM Topic since he started this thread. So, assuming a vote is still open, like it is till the end of the month for April CotM thread and someone is logged in (one way to confirm if your really logged in to the 'full site' is to go to http://mngca.org and look just below the donate button, if it's lists your user id, your in - if it has a spot to enter your user id/password, then your not [at some point in the past you could be logged into just the forum and not the 'full site', but that may not still be the case]), they should be able to vote.

I've also added a test vote here which is also open till the end of April, in case people want to confirm they can vote without voting on CotM.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msteffel wrote:
seldon is also not on the member list and given his post, it sounds like he can vote [seldon, can you confirm if you've voted for CotM previously or was it in another part of the form?] as long as he was logged in, so it doesn't seem like not being a member would be an issue.

Membership isn't an issue for COTM - if you can see the post then you should be able to vote on it.

Quote:
[at some point in the past you could be logged into just the forum and not the 'full site', but that may not still be the case])

That can still be the case. To make sure you're logged into the forums just look at the top/center menu (starts with FAQ, Search...). The last option there, when you're logged in, will say something like "Log out [ Pear Head ]". If it says "Log in" then you're not logged in.
seldon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have voted for COTM in the past. I also just voted on the GPS test poll.
Brooklyn51
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oy.. mystery is solved [smack to the forehead].. it seems my wife voted in the poll earlier on, which explains why, rightly, I could not. Please accept my apologies. So sorry to cause a stir. Thanks to all of you for your helpful concern.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: