MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting January 2011 Cache Of The Month Nominations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Accepting January 2011 Cache Of The Month Nominations Reply with quote

Nominations for January 2011 Cache of the Month are now open (from December 1st to December 31st [Extended to January 10th 2011 since I posted this late). For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post with the caches name and what made it so special that you want to nominate it for Cache of the Month!

What cache will be the first Cache of the Month winner in 2011?

Apologies, after I got back from vacation, I was busy with work and getting things done for the holidays and I didn't realize till now that I didn't publish this.
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a day a half left for nominations for January 2011 Cache of the Month. So if you found any cool cache lately, nominate them now!

Don't forget as long as it wasn't nominated for December 2010 Cache of the Month, cache that were nominated in 2010 and didn't get CotM are eligible to be nominated again.
Hal-oween
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about GCVVAD Penn Avenue Shuffle? It is a classic cache in the twin cities and it takes you to a pretty spot. It is a fun find and iis also very winter friendly (a bonus this winter!)
http://coord.info/GCVVAD
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haycreek Hideaway
http://coord.info/GC585E
Quote:

How many times have I been near here, and "passed" on the hike to this cache?

Too many, including early this morning. Late this morning, I was about .3 mile away, coming in from the east. I had already hiked several miles and hours, and it was getting hot. So I turned back on the trail, and finished my business.

So late in the afternoon I was checking out the paved trail, and it got me "close"

I decided to snoop around the area, but was way too tired to go after the cache. Well when I ended up at .10 mile away, there ain't no turning back. Yeah, that last few hundred feet is fun. Heh

Thanks for keeping this older cache going.
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

January 2011 CotM nominations are now close... and the nominees are:

GCVVAD - Penn Avenue Shuffle by pfalstad nominated by Hal-oween

It is a classic cache in the twin cities and it takes you to a pretty spot. It is a fun find and iis also very winter friendly (a bonus this winter!)

GC585E - Haycreek Hideaway by Jordan Jake Aaron (aka OffTrailHikers) nominated by King Boreas

How many times have I been near here, and "passed" on the hike to this cache?

Too many, including early this morning. Late this morning, I was about .3 mile away, coming in from the east. I had already hiked several miles and hours, and it was getting hot. So I turned back on the trail, and finished my business.

So late in the afternoon I was checking out the paved trail, and it got me "close"

I decided to snoop around the area, but was way too tired to go after the cache. Well when I ended up at .10 mile away, there ain't no turning back. Yeah, that last few hundred feet is fun. Heh

Thanks for keeping this older cache going.

Congratulations to all the nominees!
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hal-oween wrote:
How about GCVVAD Penn Avenue Shuffle? It is a classic cache in the twin cities and it takes you to a pretty spot. It is a fun find and iis also very winter friendly (a bonus this winter!)

No it's not winter friendly!! Wait till spring, it's more fun that way! Wink
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
Hal-oween wrote:

How can this one not be winter friendly? I found it in 2009, but I still have some memory of it.
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rustynails wrote:
pfalstad wrote:
Hal-oween wrote:

How can this one not be winter friendly? I found it in 2009, but I still have some memory of it.

It's too easy in the Winter. I just found it recently and I will have to go back and find it again in the Summer as it would be much more fun.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:
Rustynails wrote:
pfalstad wrote:
Hal-oween wrote:

It's too easy in the Winter. I just found it recently and I will have to go back and find it again in the Summer as it would be much more fun.

I've been told there are several 5 star caches down on Lake Byllesby that people are actually turning into park-and-grabs. Crying or Very sad
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
Hal-oween wrote:

Oohh.. I had this on my winter cache list after stopping in my work clothes and dress shoes one night this summer to get it.
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:
Rustynails wrote:
pfalstad wrote:
Hal-oween wrote:

I've been told there are several 5 star caches down on Lake Byllesby that people are actually turning into park-and-grabs. Crying or Very sad

I just drove out onto O'Dowd Lake last night to grab a terrain 4 and a terrain 4.5 because the wind was brutally cold. I didn't drive right up to them, but I drove to within a tenth of a mile. Is that cheating?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:
I just drove out onto O'Dowd Lake last night to grab a terrain 4 and a terrain 4.5 because the wind was brutally cold. I didn't drive right up to them, but I drove to within a tenth of a mile. Is that cheating?

Nope, not cheating. Disappointing for a CO though. Wink
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:

Any one that turns a Lake Byllesby cache into a P&G is crazy. Yes I admit that it is easier to walk on water then canoe, but it is still a challenge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: