MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting February 2011 Cache Of The Month Nominations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
pfalstad wrote:
I agree with Da Bloodhound, we should announce my win again at the end of the month.

I'd rather talk about coffins and rental shops.

Let's vote on that Rolling Eyes
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:
bflentje wrote:
pfalstad wrote:
I agree with Da Bloodhound, we should announce my win again at the end of the month.

I'd rather talk about coffins and rental shops.

Let's vote on that Rolling Eyes

Why, it stands alone with no competition. Rolling Eyes
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL...Politics in Cache of the Month Voting...LOL...yeah, like that has never happened before.

Do as you see fit msteffel...announcing the winner "early" because there is no other cache is fine with me...why wait...there isn't a point to waiting in this instance.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore...double post hiccup...
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcherDragoon wrote:

Do as you see fit msteffel...announcing the winner "early" because there is no other cache is fine with me...why wait...there isn't a point to waiting in this instance.

Agreed. msteffel, you are a volunteer. If you find it volunteer easier and less volunteer time consuming to post the unchangeable winner early, than by all means,do it volunteeringly. Thank you for the volunteer time you give to running the COTM. Idea
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so after considering everyone's input (thanks to everyone for their input) the following will be done going forward:

Starting with April Cache of the Month voting will begin at the beginning of the month and run through the end of the month*.

As for when to announce the Cache of the Month when there is only one nominee - by far the simplest solution is have more than one nominee [cough]. But on those [hopefully rare] occasions when there is only one nominee - it will be noted in the forum that the cache is running unopposed and thus no vote needed that month, the activities of adding the cache to the Cache of the Month winners list and sending the CotM winner an email [with instructions on how to add the CotM winner icon] will be done anytime during that month at the volunteer's discretion [since the winner is known], however the official 'announcement' on the MnGCA main page will be put up at the end of the month in an effort to avoid confusion and add some consistency when look back.

*Note: Due to how the polling works in phpBB (there may be other ways around it that I'm not familiar with) the poll may be open for some time past 11:59:59 pm on the last day of the month. When a poll is open it is set to be open for a certain number of days, so if for some reason the poll can't be open right at 11:59:59 (say a production issue at work, busy with non-caching activities, feel asleep, etc) then there will be some 'bonus' voting time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: