MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TB needs home listing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aix sponsa
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: TB needs home listing Reply with quote

After umpteen years at this I think I'm still a newbie. In a rush I sent a MNGCA coin to England with a friend. I didn't log it with a cache before I sent it off. That means that the trip across the pond is not listed. Is there a way I can list it at a nearby cache so I can get the miles? Even worse the short jump it has taken in England is logged but the miles traveled are not listed in the tracking history at the top of the log listing. If I can't get the initial trip is there a way for the miles to begin to be recorded? The map does show the trip as well as having the miles listed in the log. BTW If this means contacting all finders, thus far, I'll fore go the bother.

speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try logging it into a cache with a date prior to the first date currently? Not sure if that's gonna work or not, but might be worth a try.
Aix sponsa
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clicked on recalculate distance and now it is at least showing the distance the coin traveled in England. Another cacher suggested that when it gets back in a cache to try to remove it, and list it as dropped and retrieved in a cache close to my home dated on the day that I sent it away with a fellow cacher. Then, place it back in the cache it is presently in with the date that it is. I have the choice to grab it from the present cache, grab it from somewhere else, discover it, or write a note. I need a "start cache" designation. Better yet, I think I need to think and act like I'm not in hibernation. Z-z-z-z-z

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: