MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dakota County Cache Owners, Have You Registered Yet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you own a cache in a dakota county park, have you registered it with the county yet?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
No, but I will before 12-31
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
No, and plan on archiving everything
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just trying to keep MN Fruithead's workload to a minimum.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
I plan on performing one of the legitimate items listed in my poll. While I agree with Knowschad that the system is a "stupid waste of money", I ain't losing sleep over it.

MN Fruitcake, just so you know, as MY way of protesting, I'll be registering the ones I want to keep by 11:59 PM on New Years Eve. Keep that in mind when the park system is back from their New Years party and they start begging you to archive caches. If there's lag in their processing time, that's their problem. My notification said I have until December 31st so that's what I intend on doing.

Yeah...because just getting it over with and actually doing the steps would be too easy!!! Rolling Eyes

Sure, MN.Fruitcake may be a "new" reviewer...but seriously, why cause all the issues and stir up the pot for him (and yes, I know who he is...we all do...but I think he would like his reviewer self and caching self seperate)???
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Caches that aren't registered by the deadline will be archived very shortly thereafter "by request of the property manager" (ie. Dakota County).

So they don't really care if they're removed?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcherDragoon wrote:
bflentje wrote:
I plan on performing one of the legitimate items listed in my poll. While I agree with Knowschad that the system is a "stupid waste of money", I ain't losing sleep over it.

MN Fruitcake, just so you know, as MY way of protesting, I'll be registering the ones I want to keep by 11:59 PM on New Years Eve. Keep that in mind when the park system is back from their New Years party and they start begging you to archive caches. If there's lag in their processing time, that's their problem. My notification said I have until December 31st so that's what I intend on doing.

Yeah...because just getting it over with and actually doing the steps would be too easy!!! Rolling Eyes

Sure, MN.Fruitcake may be a "new" reviewer...but seriously, why cause all the issues and stir up the pot for him (and yes, I know who he is...we all do...but I think he would like his reviewer self and caching self seperate)???

What issues?? I am following the rule. So long as I register by the deadline, what work am I creating? Sounds like YOU'RE stirring the pot. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What will happen is the Fruitcake will receive a list of caches from Dakota County that need to be archived. He'll now clarify with them that the list doesn't include any 'last minute' (literally) registrations.

The only additional workload it will generate is that he'll probably post a reviewer note to those unregistered caches shortly before the deadline to remind those cachers to register.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
What will happen is the Fruitcake will receive a list of caches from Dakota County that need to be archived. He'll now clarify with them that the list doesn't include any 'last minute' (literally) registrations.

The only additional workload it will generate is that he'll probably post a reviewer note to those unregistered caches shortly before the deadline to remind those cachers to register.

Consider me informed and don't waste your time. When you're going through any list you've been given, if you see a cache of mine that is active, consider it registered. If it's archived, well, then it's archived.

I have no remaining caches in Lebanon or Spring Lake Park which will be the majority of your workload. If you see a long and distinguished list of caches located in Miesville or Byllesby and you're feeling overwhelmed, I'd be willing to bet that Archer would love to help you go through all 10 or so caches. Wink Wink
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
ArcherDragoon wrote:
bflentje wrote:

What issues?? I am following the rule. So long as I register by the deadline, what work am I creating? Sounds like YOU'RE stirring the pot. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

The point I was trying to make is why the need to wait until right up to the deadline...I work with deadlines all the time in "real life"...rarely do I wait until the last minute to get something done/turned in unless an absolute need to do so...

Taxes!!! I do those as soon as my income info arrived...I don't wait until the deadline...

Again, just commenting on the concept of deadline and why the need to wait...

Last edited by Draconisdax on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Pear Head wrote:

Consider me informed and don't waste your time. When you're going through any list you've been given, if you see a cache of mine that is active, consider it registered. If it's archived, well, then it's archived.

I have no remaining caches in Lebanon or Spring Lake Park which will be the majority of your workload. If you see a long and distinguished list of caches located in Miesville or Byllesby and you're feeling overwhelmed, I'd be willing to bet that Archer would love to help you go through all 10 or so caches. Wink Wink

Sure...if they give me proper security clearance!!! Laughing
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcherDragoon wrote:
bflentje wrote:
ArcherDragoon wrote:
bflentje wrote:

The point I was trying to make is why the need to wait until right up to the deadline...I work with deadlines all the time in "real life"...rarely do I wait until the last minute to get something done/turned in unless an absolute need to do so...

Taxes!!! I do those as soon as my income info arrived...I don't wait until the deadline...

I am a software developer in the securities and banking business. I can relate to deadlines on a daily basis. But if you take away my very benign way to nearly silently protest my disapproval of the caching policy, which very evidently still falls within their requirement, then what do we have left. Just let me be and roll your eyes in private. I'll eventually be a conformist.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
ArcherDragoon wrote:
bflentje wrote:
ArcherDragoon wrote:
bflentje wrote:

I am a software developer in the securities and banking business. I can relate to deadlines on a daily basis. But if you take away my very benign way to nearly silently protest my disapproval of the caching policy, which very evidently still falls within their requirement, then what do we have left. Just let me be and roll your eyes in private. I'll eventually be a conformist.

lol...you and I are ok guys in "real-life"...I guess we just don't always come over that way in type!!!

I do wish all you in Dakota County luck...maybe (fingers crossed) the policy will change...and hopefully sooner than later...
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I wanted to make some of you happy Wink , I registered all of my caches this morning. All I have to say about the online form is the following.. if you have to register ONE or TWO caches? No problem. If you have to register a handful or more? What a pile of bunk this process is.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Because I wanted to make some of you happy Wink , I registered all of my caches this morning. All I have to say about the online form is the following.. if you have to register ONE or TWO caches? No problem. If you have to register a handful or more? What a pile of bunk this process is.

Oh, Bart. I was enjoying your passive agreesive non-conformist (conformist) attitude. Now you've gone and ruined it. Confused
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
bflentje wrote:

Oh, Bart. I was enjoying your passive agreesive non-conformist (conformist) attitude. Now you've gone and ruined it. Confused

I am all talk, you should know that by now.. Wink
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:

I downloaded a form-filler for Firefox when I registered mine, but it was still a pain (and I still insist that it was incredibly stupid of Dakota County to require coordinates, but anyway...)

I'm posting this today, though, because I see a bunch of archives by North2Woods for his Dakota County caches, similar to this one: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=7f119e4f-b35a-45b0-909c-320f04914080
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knowschad wrote:
bflentje wrote:

I downloaded a form-filler for Firefox when I registered mine, but it was still a pain (and I still insist that it was incredibly stupid of Dakota County to require coordinates, but anyway...)

I'm posting this today, though, because I see a bunch of archives by North2Woods for his Dakota County caches, similar to this one: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=7f119e4f-b35a-45b0-909c-320f04914080

Although it's not a perfect policy, we must remember at least geocaching is allowed in Dakota County. They could have easily gone the other way an banned it as Anoka County did a while back. It's a shame N2W decided to archive his caches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: