MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New cache series you can be a part of!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: New cache series you can be a part of! Reply with quote

Lamp Post Caches are not my favorite caches by far but I'm pretty much an equal opportunity cacher and yes, I think they might have their place in caching history. That said, I'm looking for cachers around the state that would like to participate in a unique series of lamp post caches that I'm putting together. Cache containers cannot be matchstick containers, nanos, keyholders, 35mm cannisters, diabetes strip containers, etc. Each cache container must be unique. Only one lamp post cache is allowed per cacher for this series. There will be a specified but unique name for the cache to be part of the series and the first line of the description will be the same for each cache. There will also be a unique icon to place on your page identifying it as a member of the series. What you add from there or how you decorate your page is totally up to you. If you'd like to be a part of this series that won't be published until after the holidays, please contact me for more info!

Here's who I have so far...

speedysk1
3humphs
Bflentje
Red_Devil
Kredep
Mrs Mizzou
KB
Tri-Chick
Mr Rogers Neighbor
onionpond
sparkyfry
walkingstick3
geobex
Bunganator - PUBLISHED
swfan
NYSandy23
JJnTJ
Manfromwillow
timewellspent
commander & chief
seeingitdifferent
jicknarson
seamusbleu
camocacher
aix sponsa
Butcherandswimmer - PUBLISHED!
Boreal Walker - PUBLISHED!
4nhand
EPMinnesota - PUBLISHED

Okay, everyone! Here's the image to put on your cache page! You can grab it from here or use the link to embed it into your page.

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/d5663e43-843c-47bf-99cc-9c2b389f4a76.jpg

Two last things, then you can publish those caches!

One...It would be helpful if the first line in your short description says "This cache is a member of the Minnesota League of Professional Cachers Series" especially if your are unable to list the full name in the cache name.

Second...to help string out the caches being published so they aren't all submitted at once...perhaps you could submit your cache to be published on the day of the month that you were born. I was born on the 6th so perhaps on the 6th I might publish mine! Might help MN Fruitcake out. Not that he needs it, of course! Very Happy

Any questions? Let me know!

Last edited by EPMinnesota on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:20 pm; edited 6 times in total
MrRogersNghbor
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to keep myself one and only one lamppost cache but you have me intrigued [sic?]. I would definitely be interested in creating a few more unique park and grabs in the state.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrRogersNghbor wrote:
I was trying to keep myself one and only one lamppost cache but you have me intrigued [sic?]. I would definitely be interested in creating a few more unique park and grabs in the state.

Technically speaking, LPC hides violate the same philosophy applied to cemeteries. Sad

In my recent trip to SD hunting, I found caches in 10 different cemeteries. None of them abandoned and all of them private (based on signage).
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrRogersNghbor wrote:

For those of us that would like to see a point to a lpc cache this should be a cache that is out of the ordinary. Not your usual boring lpc that contains an altoids tin, a keyholder, a matchstick container, a 35mm cannister, etc, but one that when the skirt is lifted the finder is surprised, amused, startled, just plain ENJOYS making the find. Have you ever found the lpc at the Hub in Richfield? It's really fun because it's unexpected. There has to be something "different" and enjoyable about finding these caches. A "point" to finding it if you will that makes it worth it and unlike any other lpc cache. Interested? Oh, only one hide per customer but if you have other family members like spouse/children, etc. you can do one in their name.
Tri-Chick
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely interested! Put my creative juices to work Smile
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
when the skirt is lifted the finder is surprised, amused, startled, just plain ENJOYS

Count me in!
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in - gotta start thinking . . .
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got you all down. Be cautious of where you plan to hide your cache. There are plenty of lpc possibilities that are "legal". Public areas, along streets in non-residential areas, industrial areas are great, parks that don't require permission, etc. If you do choose a privately held area or a park that requires an application, then permission must be granted, of course, just like any cache.
Work on your ideas and we'll put them together after the holidays. It will be fun to have some fun new winter-friendly hides over the winter!
onionpond
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know where there is a lamp post, in a very Geocache friendly city. We'll give it some thought, I'm sure we can come up with something!
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onionpond wrote:
I know where there is a lamp post, in a very Geocache friendly city. We'll give it some thought, I'm sure we can come up with something!

Sounds good!
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you looking for a specific part of town? If not, put me down for one in Puzzle Valley.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkyfry wrote:
Are you looking for a specific part of town? If not, put me down for one in Puzzle Valley.

Just where IS the valley in Golden Valley anyway?
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:

Where are the roses, and where is the mountain, in Rosemount?
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkyfry wrote:

Is there room?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkyfry wrote:
bflentje wrote:

Where are the roses, and where is the mountain, in Rosemount?

Good question. I'll contact my buddy the mayor and ask.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: