MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for people to cache with

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Looking for people to cache with Reply with quote

OK. Since I have had half of my posts moved to a different topic, I thought I would ask here where is the appropriate place to inquire about getting together to go caching in a group?

The Event topic looks like a good place, but seems the be more for "Let's go look for these caches on this date".

The regional topics maybe?

I'm thinking something more like "I'm looking for someone to hit the caches in park XYZ sometime"?

More kinda like the personals Wink

"Magellan user looking for GC23QJX seeks like minded cacher for rendezvous near GZ"

OK, that's being a little silly, but I really would like to get out and meet more people caching but not sure where to ask around on the boards.

p.s. Please feel free to move this to the appropriate forum topic as I am sure I have picked the wrong one again Wink
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The General area or the region area I suppose is where you'd want to post. But in general, like with the various weekNight caching parties, just post when and were and generally people show up. If you just looking for a caching buddy, then post what area your looking to cache with some in and when. Either way, people will see the listing even if it's moved. Wink

Cheers!
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what part of town do you live in cmoewes???
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for people to cache with Reply with quote

cmoewes wrote:
OK. Since I have had half of my posts moved to a different topic, I thought I would ask here where is the appropriate place to inquire about getting together to go caching in a group?

I'd lean towards either the event area (if you've already got a time/date), or the regional areas.

I said this before (not sure if it was to you or not) - don't take any offense to having your topics moved. It's just my quirky way of trying to keep things in order... Smile
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fireman121 wrote:
So what part of town do you live in cmoewes???

He lives in Crystal. He is more than welcome to come to Breakfast Buddies in Crystal on Nov. 27th to meet more cachers as well as Pizza Night at Broadway Pizza on Nov. 13th! Wink Wink
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I do live in Crystal.

I went to the first pizza event and breakfast buddies up in Maple Groove. Looking forward to the next pizza party and the local breakfast buddies.

Just teasing about getting my posts moved. I've admined boards in the past so I know how it goes. Just thought it was funny my first few posts were in the "wrong" place Wink

Thanks for the feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Website All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: