MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Geocaching.com maps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dionesiamn
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Geocaching.com maps Reply with quote

Is anayone else having trouble getting the maps to open on geocaching.com. I've tried on three different computers and they won't open. Also, my profile info used to appear to the right of the geocaching logo on the home page. Now it is undeneath--not a big issue but just strange. Anyone else having that happen?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocaching.com maps Reply with quote

dionesiamn wrote:
Is anayone else having trouble getting the maps to open on geocaching.com. I've tried on three different computers and they won't open. Also, my profile info used to appear to the right of the geocaching logo on the home page. Now it is undeneath--not a big issue but just strange. Anyone else having that happen?

I did not see any obvious issues with my profile but then I am usually half asleep. I do see, however, that Cache Report is finally listed as an approved Geocaching software application. SWEET.

http://www.geocaching.com/waypoints/default.aspx
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocaching.com maps Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
I do see, however, that Cache Report is finally listed as an approved Geocaching software application. SWEET.

Who did you bribe? Wink
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No issue with maps. I see they removed the find/hide count again from the "Your Friends" page.
dionesiamn
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The maps show up in Firefox but not IE 7 or 8. But actually if you right click on the map and use the "open in a new window" then the map opens like it used to. The map just isn't hotlinked anymore. Weird, but whatever. But for new folks, they won't know there's something "available" there if there isn't a hot link.

'Still having the issue with the profile summary coming up under the banner in IE as well. But I'll live with that. It just makes the geocaching home page look odd.
jrest
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the hotlink map thing not working either. I am now "clicking" the geocaching.com maps link over on the left side of the cache pages instead.

Did notice that you can now "Like" cache pages through a facebook click...

Oh, and that new banner thing (above all logs) bugs me on every cache page...
spinowner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No maps for me since the recent maintenance.
beagleboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A white map as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: