MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MOGA 2011
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
bflentje wrote:
Is there a running list of MN residents headed to MOGA?

Some might be going but don't want it to be public knowledge.

Rolling Eyes Wink

I'm interested but don't want to go alone. If something can be worked out with someone else going to this event, please PM me.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cute: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=662845509
mayberryman
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: MOGA 2012 Reply with quote

I read on the webpage that MOGA leadership with be handed over to a different geocaching group after this year. I wonder if this would be something the MnGca would be willing to take on? MOGA in Minnesota...maybe then we could win back the MN cup.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: MOGA 2012 Reply with quote

mayberryman wrote:
I read on the webpage that MOGA leadership with be handed over to a different geocaching group after this year. I wonder if this would be something the MnGca would be willing to take on? MOGA in Minnesota...maybe then we could win back the MN cup.

I read that too and would be fun to have it here, at least for one year.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: MOGA 2012 Reply with quote

mayberryman wrote:
~ snip ~ I wonder if this would be something the MnGca would be willing to take on? MOGA in Minnesota...maybe then we could win back the MN cup.

It's tough to get volunteers for a Spring Event.

MOGA is a whole different deal.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way under-represented this year.

Winter camping ROCKS.

Only about 40% of the available cache locations were used. Question

WHERE were the signs?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
Only about 40% of the available cache locations were used. Question

What do you mean? There were more caches there than I could ever possibly get to in four days time. My total count, 2 days travelling and two days solid caching, was about 140 finds. Seems we barely scratched the surface of what was there.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was judging it against last year, which was probably not fair.
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: MOGA 2012 Reply with quote

mayberryman wrote:

It's been asked before of us, but we have a lot of things working against us in MN. One, and a big one, finding a location that would support the number of caches that we would need that still has easy access to shelters and other necessities. Second is the weather here during that time of year. Many people not from the midwest think MN is an ice box all year long. But even if it were to warm up as it normally does having a major snow storm as we generally have in march would really hamper the events that are needed. While I'm not trying to poo poo a legitimate discussion again on the topic, I think we have more cons than pros. But, of course, I'd love to see it here.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: MOGA 2012 Reply with quote

speedysk1 wrote:
mayberryman wrote:

It's been asked before of us, but we have a lot of things working against us in MN. One, and a big one, finding a location that would support the number of caches that we would need that still has easy access to shelters and other necessities. Second is the weather here during that time of year. Many people not from the midwest think MN is an ice box all year long. But even if it were to warm up as it normally does having a major snow storm as we generally have in march would really hamper the events that are needed. While I'm not trying to poo poo a legitimate discussion again on the topic, I think we have more cons than pros. But, of course, I'd love to see it here.

I think those are all good points, and I think you'd seriously need to look at KB's point too - MOGA requires a huge amount of manpower. I don't see that we can get that many people to step up.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the skull and crossbones geo-art, I failed in completing the entire series. I believe there were 92 caches and I was only able to score 64 of them.

http://www.tftc.us/post/2011/03/29/Event-MOGA11.aspx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: