MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Odd new cacher?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we know now that it is either someone who is on the MnGCA forums or someone here knows who it is and told the person of my post.

Who ever it is I would find it hard to believe that someone else wrote on the building the same way you logged the event and that it is a coincidence that someone else did it and you just happened to show up at the event. You and you alone are the one who besmirched the name of (spuke) by as already stated doing the cowardly things you are doing.
spinowner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnesotabrad wrote:
Well we know now that it is either someone who is on the MnGCA forums or someone here knows who it is and told the person of my post.

Who ever it is I would find it hard to believe that someone else wrote on the building the same way you logged the event and that it is a coincidence that someone else did it and you just happened to show up at the event. You and you alone are the one who besmirched the name of (spuke) by as already stated doing the cowardly things you are doing.

I don't know how to get this information, but these two times would be of interest:
1. The time when the "peekaboo. I saw you." log was posted on the event cache page by (spuke).
2. The time when the vandalism occurred (or at least the time when it was first noticed).

If 1 occurred before 2, it leaves open the possibility that a second party, seeing that (spuke) had left a note, performed the vandalism, ostensibly in an attempt to "besmirch the name of (spuke)". In this case it wouldn't matter whether (spuke) actually attended or not.
If 2 occurred before 1 it would pretty much have to have been done either by (spuke) or by someone who knew in advance that the note was going to be posted (and therefore knows (spuke)'s identity). It would seem extremely unlikely that it was done by a second party who does not know (spuke)'s identity "on speculation", in other words hoping that (spuke) would later post a note.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinowner wrote:
If 1 occurred before 2, it leaves open the possibility that a second party, seeing that (spuke) had left a note, performed the vandalism, ostensibly in an attempt to "besmirch the name of (spuke)".

But why do that? (spuke) just a throwaway identity with no finds, so if it's somehow besmirched, it doesn't much matter to this person. He can just pretend someone else did the vandalism (like he's doing), or pick another identity, or give up and find someone else to play games with. I don't know any cachers who'd have something to gain by framing (spuke).
spinowner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
spinowner wrote:
If 1 occurred before 2, it leaves open the possibility that a second party, seeing that (spuke) had left a note, performed the vandalism, ostensibly in an attempt to "besmirch the name of (spuke)".

But why do that? (spuke) just a throwaway identity with no finds, so if it's somehow besmirched, it doesn't much matter to this person. He can just pretend someone else did the vandalism (like he's doing), or pick another identity, or give up and find someone else to play games with. I don't know any cachers who'd have something to gain by framing (spuke).

I also have a hard time believing that a second party would choose to do that. I was just pointing out that the time sequence could strengthen the evidence that this was not a frame-up.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why bother to post a NOTE on an event and not post an ATTENDED?
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use caution when speaking of this person. This person knows where your hides are. I found out the hard way. Crying or Very sad
spinowner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
Why bother to post a NOTE on an event and not post an ATTENDED?

Why bother to post a NOTE on a cache and not post a FIND?
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
I'm guessing the more you guys talk about it here the more it's going to happen. These people (or this person) is looking for a show and you're giving it to them.

Idea Idea Idea
A-body
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Message deleted

Last edited by A-body on Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ronindoc
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't think (spuke) wrote on the wall. It is disturbing that someone wrote on the wall, but I have a strong suspicion that the writing on the wall was markedly different than that of the cache s/he placed. I can certainly understand the frustration of someone placing a decoy, and perhaps (spuke) is now aware of that... Any recent decoys placed? The logs and notes do seem to be Halloweenish, and of course everyone is worried that someone is watching in the bushes. Their cache was very nicely done. It also seems (spuke) has posted a first to find on a cache, written in the log but still didn't post a find. So, that's their modus operandi, and to each his/her own. Everyone plays the game a different way. So far, harmless except the decoys in my opinion, only from the standpoint that the CO's feel it interferes with the experience the want cachers to have when finding their caches. Let's see if those drop off based on the concern expressed on here and in the community.

And shame on the person capitalizing on the mystery by writing on the wall. That was just dumb. In my educated opinion, I still don't think it was (spuke) who wrote on the wall. The writing was wiped from the wall a couple days after the event.
(spuke)
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth shall be known. Stay posted.
(spuke)
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(spuke) wrote:
The truth shall be known. Stay posted.
(spuke)

Now maybe Pearhead can attempt an IP compare with known members.
(spuke)
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Details tomorrow. Try to be patient.
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(spuke) wrote:
Details tomorrow. Try to be patient.

But the tension is killing me! I'm setting aside all personal and professional obligations just so I can figure out the mystery of your identity! I don't care if it jeapordizes my stadning in the community and I become an outcast! This is truly the largest mystery the world has ever seen since the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Shroud of Turin, Who Shot JR?, and the continued ability of Carrot Top to get paid gigs! Oh please, don't keep us waiting!
(spuke)
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to know that you care....sorta.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: