MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Odd new cacher?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdpfau wrote:
(Spuke) logged on my Centennial Lakes 3 cache shortly after I published it. I figured it was somebody who thought that I was stupid for hiding it in the same spot as the previous one, as all (Spuke) said was "Boo". In response to rustynails' post about his cache, I was in the STF party and the log was already weird, and the FTF party had signed that log as well, so I don't know when the switch would have been made. It is really strange though. On a different note, I kinda want to get (Spuke)'s cache...anyone care to join me?

It could have been done just after it was published. It took a little while before it was found.
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rustynails wrote:
It could have been done just after it was published. It took a little while before it was found.

I found both your Civic Center cache and "B is for Bloomington" on Sunday, and the log had already been swapped. It did appear that "B is for Bloomington" was okay, and still had a log. I don't know if the two were switched around or what.
spinowner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
I'm guessing the more you guys talk about it here the more it's going to happen. These people (or this person) is looking for a show and you're giving it to them.

He/she/they obviously know of and use geocaching.com but may not even be aware of this website. And even if they are, my guess is that they want to create disruption just for the sake of doing it. This discussion may not be a factor in motivating them to do what they do.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinowner wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
I'm guessing the more you guys talk about it here the more it's going to happen. These people (or this person) is looking for a show and you're giving it to them.

He/she/they obviously know of and use geocaching.com but may not even be aware of this website. And even if they are, my guess is that they want to create disruption just for the sake of doing it. This discussion may not be a factor in motivating them to do what they do.

Or could very well be a regular reader here. You'd be surprised how many people are lurkers here. This person is probably not a newbie to geocaching - this isn't a newbie type of action.

Doesn't matter to me - it's not affecting my area...
JJnTJ
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rustynails, I thought I briefly saw a log by (spuke) on your cache where he said he wasn't responsible for any shenanigans. It's gone now (or I'm hallucinating again).
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJnTJ wrote:
Rustynails, I thought I briefly saw a log by (spuke) on your cache where he said he wasn't responsible for any shenanigans. It's gone now (or I'm hallucinating again).

The only other note I had was from Phantom Mullet. That one went on to say they were not responsible. Of course Phantom Mullet and Spuke could be the same person. And just becase someone said they did not do it, they still could have.

Why does this interest you? I deleted it shortly after I recieved it.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rustynails wrote:
Why does this interest you?

Not as bad as the national forums but humorous none the less. Laughing
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a handwriting expert and I am not making any accusations, but when I signed the log for
I'm Thirsty in Wayzata both (spuke) and mystagogic had signed the log on 9/27 and the handwriting looked very similar.
JJnTJ
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rustynails wrote:
Why does this interest you?

Sorry, I saw it when I followed the link you posted. Turns out I misremembered the whole thing as I often do. Was it a faux pas to ask about it? Sorry for the trouble.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This afternoon I Recieved a email form a cacher who was not able to find the cache. It's a 1 1/2 star hide. I checked it after work. It's been MUGGLED Mad Crying or Very sad .
seeingitdifferent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also noticed this cachers notes. Some have been on my caches and I have just deleted the note. Their first cache was well done and took some time and care to create.
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note to say this person has now gone way too far and crossed the line by vandalizing park property. Whomever this person is came to today's event and wrote in permanent maker on the building. This kind of behavior is not acceptable and we will try to take steps to find the person responsible.
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed this http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=840f2a1a-521b-4c8e-b0ea-e6f67c83890c when checking the logs from today's event.
Bus&Betty
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnesotabrad wrote:
Just a note to say this person has now gone way too far and crossed the line by vandalizing park property. Whomever this person is came to today's event and wrote in permanent maker on the building. This kind of behavior is not acceptable and we will try to take steps to find the person responsible.

Not cool Confused
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sign a cache logbook but don't record their finds on gc. So it's not about the numbers...what is it about?

He/she also posted this but how is it to be believed when someone hides behind their name for their shenanigans. That's cowardly.

"To the person who besmirched the sacred name of "(spuke)": May a thousand camels visit you in your dreams and breathe heavily into your nostrils. May a million imaginary ants crawl up your pants when you next seek a cache. May the thunder of a thousand elephants resound in your ears during the quiet hours of the night. May the sour taste of defeat polute your best bottle of wine. And may the vaporous image of my vengeful spirit appear before your eyes when next you close them in an attempt to sleep.
(SPUKE) DOES NOT VANDALIZE PUBLIC OR PRIVATE BUILDINGS WITH THE NAME OF SPUKE!
BE GONE!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: