MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WeekNIGHT Caching; Wednesday Sept 15th, 2010; 7:30 PM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rain, thunder and lighting you can't have any more fun than that. Had a allot of fun in the rain last night. Thanks for getting this one together.
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great time. Thanks for hosting, RD. I was shocked at how many showed up in the rain and lightining. It's a good thing we had someone dumb enough to climb that metal fence in a thunderstorm Shocked
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:
I had a great time. Thanks for hosting, RD. I was shocked at how many showed up in the rain and lightining. It's a good thing we had someone dumb enough to climb that metal fence in a thunderstorm Shocked

I'd say brave, not dumb! And he did a splendid job, perhaps he was channeling Gilby!
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pouring rain, thunder and lightening, punctuated with EP's screams, and a really rude 'host' at the restaurant, and we still had a blast!
Thanks to everyone who braved the weather last night to grab a couple of 'highly rated' caches.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I admit it. I get just a LITTLE freaked out when those ginormous streaks of lightning are close by and really bright and we're soaked to the skin in the rain with a guy 25 feet up a chain link fence grabbing at the metal cap at the top. I LOVE thunderstorms but not so much when I'm not viewing them from my own covered porch! Just one time it's gotta be good to be the shortest thing around!
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:
It's a good thing we had someone dumb enough to climb that metal fence in a thunderstorm Shocked

I can't believe you went up there with all that lighting going on! Geo Siren said he saw a couple walk over after everyone else was leaving. Did someone else make the climb also?? Shocked
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:
It's a good thing we had someone dumb enough to climb that metal fence in a thunderstorm Shocked

I can't believe you went up there with all that lighting going on! Geo Siren said he saw a couple walk over after everyone else was leaving. Did someone else make the climb also?? Shocked

Trista74 met up with us between this cache and the next.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad we went, it was a lot of fun! Nice turnout. Red Devil reminded me this was the climate of our very first WNC with her and Cooky and a few others. Then we were soaked to the skin also! But this time there was lightning. And people were taking pictures too! I kept getting confused if that bright light was a camera flash, or lightning. Turns out it was some of both. And some of the lightning seemed too close for comfort! But fortunately we were lucky not to have any mishaps. The skies really opened up at the second cache. We had two very brave and abled guys make the climb both times! thanks so much to them. TonkaMN made the nasty one look simple which I know wasn't! Nice to see everyone out. I won't be in a hurry to go back to Ruby Tues in EP. That was disappointing but the company made up for it!
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
I won't be in a hurry to go back to Ruby Tues in EP. That was disappointing but the company made up for it!

From now on, don't listen to any suggestions for food that I make!! No kidding! I did get the name of that manager on duty last night and the general managers name and will be following up with her about our experience, that's for sure!
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMN. don't take it personally. I've eaten there many times, and the service varies. I'm also in the process of writing a comment online. Maybe if a few of us share our thoughts they might actually listen! It was just strange - a place that runs on customers, being irritated that customers showed up!
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
EPMN. don't take it personally. I've eaten there many times, and the service varies. I'm also in the process of writing a comment online. Maybe if a few of us share our thoughts they might actually listen! It was just strange - a place that runs on customers, being irritated that customers showed up!

I sent them a nice, long note this morning.
Hal-oween
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was really cool to see who the hard core cachers were last night and who wimped out. I did make part of the climb but TonkaMN did such a great job. It was fun meeting up with everyone and thanks to TonkaMN and hijfte who did the dirty work in the pouring rain and lightning. Maybe that Ruby Tuesdays manager should go back to NWA!
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to hear what happened at Ruby Tuesdays. I feel like I missed half the adventure of WNC just because I had to work early.
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
I won't be in a hurry to go back to Ruby Tues in EP. That was disappointing but the company made up for it!

I won't ever be going back to that restaurant. That was bizzare. The manager probably has an attitude because the restaurant is in Eden Prairie where nobody knows how to cook and they all eat out every night Wink
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally, the restaurant was put out that we wanted to eat there. We were a "larger" group that didn't call ahead. The place was less than 1/4 full with loads of empty tables. They wanted to seat us all at separate tables. The concession was that they would seat us at tables of 8. It was very obvious they didn't want our business that night. Our server was great though!

TonkaMN - since you were such a hero that night, I'll let that pass. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: