MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Geocoin Values?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOSNOW
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iím sorry I took this off topic. Now back on to the topic.

Pricing a geocoins is a very difficult thing. The price depends on who wants it and when itís available. I have seen sold out coins sell for $158 one week and the next week the same coin sold for $20, and have seen the same coin in a normal one for one trade on the forum during these auctions. I have also seen coins that are still available for sale at the vendor or offered on the forum go for 3-5 times the selling price on ebay. I have also seen the same coin at three different silence auction events this year go from $25 to $75.

The price is also depended on the hype the coins has, if it was designed by one of the ďinĒ designer it will go for a higher price. The number of coins produced in the run can have a little effect on the price, the coins you listed have runs of 42, 62 and 6 but that has been over done with some coins having runs of 2 or 10 as there LE or XLE.

The prices are also affected on how many other collections have just been sold off. I think a lot of people have a monthly budget for geocoins. In the past couple of weeks one collection of 300 was just sold off at 10 coins for $50 (coins from 2005-2009 at least 8 regular). Also someone just sold grab bags of 8 coins (with at least one LE or XLE Ė no micros) for $50 to raise money to spend at GCF. And I think that two people had coin cleaning sales that started at $10 each and went down to $5 after a week or so.

So to set a fair price on the coins you listed is almost impossible, you also did not say which of the version you are going to sell. If you want to get the highest price ebay is the place to put it then post links on the geocoin discussion on the ground speak forum and this forum.

I donít think that I answer you question, but I donít think that you will find an answer until you sell them.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about highest bidder? Your market drives your price.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:

Based on NOSNOW's answer I think you might be right Bflentje, I will have to take some photos of them and probably use a online auction service to let the market drive the price...

This brings up a related second question...should I keep them as a bundle (all three of one material, or do them individually. I'm thinking individual with a link to the other coins in the description, then people can get one or two if they only need one or two...but I don't know if there is any value in offering a "set"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been my experience that selling then individually is better.
NOSNOW
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
bflentje wrote:

Based on NOSNOW's answer I think you might be right Bflentje, I will have to take some photos of them and probably use a online auction service to let the market drive the price...

This brings up a related second question...should I keep them as a bundle (all three of one material, or do them individually. I'm thinking individual with a link to the other coins in the description, then people can get one or two if they only need one or two...but I don't know if there is any value in offering a "set"

From what I have seen, you would get the most money for the coins if you sold them individually.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. I know there are several people who want to get in on this, I'll post a link in the sale section of the forums when I have them up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to either complete my set or dump my Showy Ladyslipper coin. It is activated but uncirculated.. except for a couple of events. But few enough logs to be able to delete and start over.
geomatrix
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's this? Loon coins might be available?
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geomatrix wrote:
what's this? Loon coins might be available?

I think I only have one extra of the loon coins, so it would be a loon coin.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear the loon coins are the ugliest ones. Twisted Evil
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the value just went up Shocked Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: