MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airstreams and Geocaching

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildfoto
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Airstreams and Geocaching Reply with quote

This guy is totally living my dream life: http://airstreamlife.com/airstreamer/2010/08/01/airstreams-make-fine-geocaching-base-camps/
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airstreams are awesome! Thanks for the article.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I popup camp while geocaching. Something new I discovered last year. Been out 5 times this season with it and and have one remaining trip planned in October. Does not make for a large numbers runs but it does allow you to actually enjoy a park rather than cache-and-dashing. Wink
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
I popup camp while geocaching. Something new I discovered last year. Been out 5 times this season with it and and have one remaining trip planned in October. Does not make for a large numbers runs but it does allow you to actually enjoy a park rather than cache-and-dashing. Wink

I actually just purchased a small pop-up for the same kind of reason. This way I can spend a night at a SP rather than the stale enviroment of a hotel. I have a couple of minor repairs to do to it yet. It only sleeps four, but that's more than big enough for me to go cacheing with. Will do repairs and have it ready to go for next summer.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
bflentje wrote:

I actually just purchased a small pop-up for the same kind of reason. This way I can spend a night at a SP rather than the stale enviroment of a hotel. I have a couple of minor repairs to do to it yet. It only sleeps four, but that's more than big enough for me to go cacheing with. Will do repairs and have it ready to go for next summer.

I am pushing hubs to buy a pop-up for next summer. I just really want to get off the floor of the tent! I am sick of getting dripped on when I sleep, since it rains everytime we go camping lately.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
loneeagle_24 wrote:
bflentje wrote:

I am pushing hubs to buy a pop-up for next summer. I just really want to get off the floor of the tent! I am sick of getting dripped on when I sleep, since it rains everytime we go camping lately.

I refuse to sleep on the ground unless it's life or death. The wifey LOVES the popup while I am still getting used to it. It does take an hour to setup and take down. If you (Red_Devil35) buy one, start looking now as now is when the good prices will start showing up. If you wait until spring, like anything else seasonal, you'll pay dearly.

If you intend on using it during the dog days of summer, BUY ONE WITH AN AIR CONDITIONER. I didn't think we needed it but now I am getting ready to drop $800 on a dealer installed A/C unit. Buying a used trailer that already has A/C should not add $800 to your price.. maybe somewhere between $200 and 400 according to used price lists, which a lot better than $800.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: