MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Event" to solve GC1DBZK - History Cache I - 8/22
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Team Dogs
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: "Event" to solve GC1DBZK - History Cache I - 8/22 Reply with quote

Hey everyone! Very Happy

Not sure if you have heard about or seen the following post "Visit Wild River SP on 8/22/10 and help me with my thesis!" but Tri-Chick and I have decided to help out.

To make the day a little bit more interesting we have also decided to go back and work on GC1DBZK - History Cache I before participating in Jessica's research/survey at 1pm. If you are unfamiliar with GC1DBZK - History Cache I, it is a very difficult puzzle cache in Wild River State Park that has a reward of a pathtag for everyone who solves it.

"Did someone say there is a very difficyult puzzle that few people have solved" Where is Sharknose Bunnies at? Wink

I am proposing that anyone who has already put some time into or is interested in solving GC1DBZK - History Cache I get together and compare notes and hopefully this sharing of the minds can help us solve the puzzle. If anyone out there has solved GC1DBZK - History Cache I (there are 7 of you) and wants to join us and make sure we are working in the right directions that would be great. The more the merrier! ( Wink pfalstad, Grey Wolf and Wild Rice)

Let all meet at GC1W2X7 - Find History (N 45 31.142 W 092 44.132) which is necessary to solve GC1DBZK - History Cache I at 10am on Sunday August 22nd.

I also took a look at the logs for GC1DBZK - History Cache I and the following geocachers have either posted a DNF or a note indicating that they are working on the puzzle or have looked at it. If your name is on the list think about coming out and trying again with a group.
    campwebb12
    gkart65
    Nawwal_AC
    PartyPlanner
    GPSy Ghost
    Tuxedo Duck
    Roscoe's Rangers
    zuma!
    walleyenerd
    easygroomer

Reply to this post or send me an email if you are interested or thinking about participating.

Team Dogs
teamdogs@makuhn.com
Tri-Chick
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you can all come together to solve this puzzle AND help out with Jessica's research!

Smile Kris
qwerty2582
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAA!!!

I was out there with Trista74 just a couple weekends ago, and we got a bunch of information, and a bunch of pictures of the signs, hoping to gleam something from them at home... If I wasn't already committed that day, I'd be there in a heartbeat!

FYI, the staff at the park seems willing to help... if you can figure out what question you need to ask. We did successfully get some help from them early in the clue sheet. Although Naturalist Dave isn't there anymore, they're willing to help out where they can (even though they don't know all the answers or where to find them either)
Team Dogs
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qwerty2582 wrote:
We did successfully get some help from them early in the clue sheet.

Send the info on with us and I will make sure I share what we figure out during the "Event"
qwerty2582
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'd appreciate it!!
trista74
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Qwerty said, we started the work on this puzzle recently. I'm going to contact one of the previous finders tomorrow to see if we're on the right track with our solutions. We found some answers, but a lot of them seem to be very ambiguous, so it's difficult to tell if we're heading down the right path. We're happy to share what we found with you. And Qwerty said he will give you the information that he has. He took pictures of all of the signs, which could be very helpful. We can probably be there for some time on the 22nd, but we'll need to leave by 1:00-1:30.

Traci
goje0601
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Good luck! Reply with quote

Thank you for creating this event!

I wish you all the best of luck in finding the final coordinates. I won't be able to join you since I will be at my post in the Visitor Center/Museum, but I can't wait to hear about your progress at the end of the day! I look forward to meeting everyone.

Don't forget the bug spray!
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, this sounds like fun! I'm not sure about the 22nd, though. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to make it. I know in the afternoon I'm bringing the geokids to a birthday party that they're pretty excited about, and I remember a conversation with the wife where we figured out that the party doesn't conflict with something that comes before it.

But this is a great idea, and it'd be fun to work on the puzzle with others. Even if I can't make it on the 22nd, I'd be happy to pitch in as much as I can.
Grey Wolf and Wild Rice
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tip #1: Bring lots of Skeeter repellent.

Tip #2: Read Tip #1.
Team Dogs
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grey Wolf and Wild Rice wrote:
Tip #1: Bring lots of Skeeter repellent.

Tip #2: Read Tip #1.

Thanks for the tremendous insight for working on this puzzle. Wink
Team Dogs
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharknose Bunnies wrote:
Oh, this sounds like fun! I'm not sure about the 22nd, though. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to make it. I know in the afternoon I'm bringing the geokids to a birthday party that they're pretty excited about, and I remember a conversation with the wife where we figured out that the party doesn't conflict with something that comes before it.

But this is a great idea, and it'd be fun to work on the puzzle with others. Even if I can't make it on the 22nd, I'd be happy to pitch in as much as I can.

Sharknose, I will put together any information that I gather before the event for you and then provide you all of the information that we figure out on the 22nd. Solved or unsolved.
Team Dogs
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trista74 wrote:
As Qwerty said, we started the work on this puzzle recently. I'm going to contact one of the previous finders tomorrow to see if we're on the right track with our solutions. We found some answers, but a lot of them seem to be very ambiguous, so it's difficult to tell if we're heading down the right path. We're happy to share what we found with you. And Qwerty said he will give you the information that he has. He took pictures of all of the signs, which could be very helpful. We can probably be there for some time on the 22nd, but we'll need to leave by 1:00-1:30.

Traci

Thanks Traci, Let me know when you have verified if your on the right track or not. I will put together a packet of all of the information that any cachers want to provide to this event to give us a jump start on the 22nd. Hopefully you can make it.
pippin and merry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just saw this topic and think it sounds like fun. We'll plan to meet you tomorrow morning at 10.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious what the outcome on this will be. I'm unable to make it there this weekend but will be there over the Labor Day weekend.
qwerty2582
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to the group on your success!!! Wish I could have been there Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: