MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WeekNIGHT Caching; Wednesday August 11, 2010; 7:30 PM
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 13 Apr 2006

Posts: 1937

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: WeekNIGHT Caching; Wednesday August 11, 2010; 7:30 PM Reply with quote

Continuing my quest to "get to know" the Normandale College area better. I propose we do this group. Parking will be at the Bloomington Ice Arena backlot on Beard Ave.

Regular Cache Icon Mission: East Marsh Lake Park

Regular Cache Icon Overlooking the Black Pool

Regular Cache Icon Marsh Path Cache

This one is specially for Seamusbleu:
Regular Cache Icon State Fair

Regular Cache Icon "B" is for Bloomington

AND if I'm late (I know...it's a given) you can pre-cache this one at 7:31.
Regular Cache Icon Another B.I.G. Cache

A change in plans. We'll be imbibing here!
Shantytown Grill
8512 Pillsbury Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55420-2246


Last edited by EPMinnesota on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Team MN Moose
Geocacher


Joined: 11 Aug 2009

Posts: 73

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome right in my parents backyard and soon to be mine! I've picked up a couple of those but would be nice to clear out the area. I'll see if I can get my Dad to tag along... Hopefully weather won't be soo hot!

Could I recommend Shantytown? Its a great Burger place tucked away from the busy streets. One of Bloomington's best kept secret and they have AWESOME Burgers. All menu items are under 9 bucks.. 2 dollar bottles.


Shantytown Grill
8512 Pillsbury Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55420-2246
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 13 Apr 2006

Posts: 1937

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team MN Moose wrote:
Awesome right in my parents backyard and soon to be mine! I've picked up a couple of those but would be nice to clear out the area. I'll see if I can get my Dad to tag along... Hopefully weather won't be soo hot!

Could I recommend Shantytown? Its a great Burger place tucked away from the busy streets. One of Bloomington's best kept secret and they have AWESOME Burgers. All menu items are under 9 bucks.. 2 dollar bottles.


Shantytown Grill
8512 Pillsbury Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55420-2246


Sure! I'm up for it. I'll change the posting!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AferVentus
Geocacher


Joined: 07 Aug 2010

Posts: 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just joined MnGCA, but I've been caching for about a year. This event looks great! So could someone give me a brief overview of anything to expect or bring besides a GPS and a positive attitude?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 13 Apr 2006

Posts: 1937

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AferVentus wrote:
I just joined MnGCA, but I've been caching for about a year. This event looks great! So could someone give me a brief overview of anything to expect or bring besides a GPS and a positive attitude?


You got it! That's all you need! Anyone that can make it just meets at the first cache or parking area given at 7:30 pm. Look for the group of people with gps's and walk right up and introduce yourself! We're a friendly bunch and always happy to welcome newbies! We go as a group to each cache area and look for the cache. We don't say anything or let on when we find it. You just mosey around a little and then back off to the side until everyone has found the cache. Then the last person that finds it signs the log for everyone. After all the caches are found we all go eat and drink and share tall tales! Everyone is welcome!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seamusbleu
Geocacher


Joined: 23 Nov 2007

Posts: 201

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I do someday want to cross State Fair off my list, so I'm planning on being there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Team MN Moose
Geocacher


Joined: 11 Aug 2009

Posts: 73

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone needs the cords for Shantytown Grill here it is...

N 44.50.977 W 093.16.940[/img][/list]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher


Joined: 29 Jun 2009

Posts: 303

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
AferVentus wrote:
I just joined MnGCA, but I've been caching for about a year. This event looks great! So could someone give me a brief overview of anything to expect or bring besides a GPS and a positive attitude?


You got it! That's all you need! Anyone that can make it just meets at the first cache or parking area given at 7:30 pm. Look for the group of people with gps's and walk right up and introduce yourself! We're a friendly bunch and always happy to welcome newbies! We go as a group to each cache area and look for the cache. We don't say anything or let on when we find it. You just mosey around a little and then back off to the side until everyone has found the cache. Then the last person that finds it signs the log for everyone. After all the caches are found we all go eat and drink and share tall tales! Everyone is welcome!


I realize you didn't want to ruin the surprise, but I see how you judiciously omitted that detail about how everyone throws eggs, tomatoes and water balloons at the last one to find a particular cache!

And it looks good for me to be there. I may bring one or two of the geokids along as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 13 Apr 2006

Posts: 1937

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharknose Bunnies wrote:


I realize you didn't want to ruin the surprise, but I see how you judiciously omitted that detail about how everyone throws eggs, tomatoes and water balloons at the last one to find a particular cache!


Just because your indoctrination got particularly messy and the heat index ramped it up a few notches doesn't mean you have to spoil it for others! Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rustynails
Geocacher


Joined: 27 Oct 2009

Posts: 776

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called Shantytown Grill to make sure they had room for us. I ask them to reserve room for 12-20 people. I hope that's good enough.

I live close by, so I can fill the water balloons Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TECGeoJim
Geocacher


Joined: 15 Jun 2004

Posts: 121
Location: Bloomington, MN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is on my calendar! See you there!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
broken tooth
Geocacher


Joined: 02 Feb 2007

Posts: 62

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm planning on being there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KRedEP
Geocacher


Joined: 03 Aug 2007

Posts: 779

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm we have all but two. It may be difficult to convince the other half.

Oh, and Carol, you forgot the part about pushing down the cacher who hosts the event any chance you can get!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 13 Apr 2006

Posts: 1937

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
Hmmm we have all but two. It may be difficult to convince the other half.

Oh, and Carol, you forgot the part about pushing down the cacher who hosts the event any chance you can get!


Lauren, you would have to bring that up wouldn't you! Razz There have been lots of cachers lately at WNC that don't know about that so I thought maybe it had died. NOooooooo...Actually, my foot and knees are doing really great right now! It's the heat that gets to me these days. What was I thinking not consulting the forecast this week like I usually do???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PCC322
Geocacher


Joined: 18 Oct 2009

Posts: 132

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I intend to be there. Want a ride, EP?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.