MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cool caches in duluth?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CheerUp Charlie
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: cool caches in duluth? Reply with quote

I'm heading up to Duluth this coming weekend to see my brother and teenage nephews. None have geocached before. Can anyone recommend some cool caches to take them to?

Thanks!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: cool caches in duluth? Reply with quote

CheerUp Charlie wrote:
I'm heading up to Duluth this coming weekend to see my brother and teenage nephews. None have geocached before. Can anyone recommend some cool caches to take them to?

Thanks!

There's a sweet one in Chester Park. And if you want to head up towards Silver Bay, I can name several MUST DO caches.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chester Park one bflentje refers to may be a pretty tough one for someone that hasn't cached before.

There are a few in the Enger Park area that offer good views (here's one to get you started):

Regular Cache Icon http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=cce79b2f-1f10-4c3e-83f4-b36b4ae7e11e

There are a few at the end of Park Point if you've never hiked the trail (park at the Sky Harbor airport and follow the trail on the left side of the airport).

There are a lot of good caches and a lot of good hiders. I generally recommend most anything put out by IBcrashen or EskoClimber as a good start but don't limit yourself to just them.
CheerUp Charlie
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: thanks! Reply with quote

We'll only have about 3 hours to cache so we won't try Silver Bay but thanks for the other ideas guys!
Queticodreamer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Duluth Reply with quote

Try "Where is Lincoln Parked?" GC26E5V by paandtina
One of my favorites.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: