MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ringbone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FSU*Noles - sorry if I misquoted you. Looks like I heard you wrong overall about what you were saying about the area --- I may have been too anxious to get to the cache. =)

Apologies,
-Aaron
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but I also brought along a non-geocacher who now desparately wants to buy a GPS

Same here, I got my order in for the rino 130, but they're not shipping them out till the end of March... hard to wait that long.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
rino 130, but they're not shipping them out till the end of March... hard to wait that long.

s4xton (w/o his knowledge) got me into caching. I ordered my Vista next-day. It solved a lot of that issue of "waiting".

I guess I was "waiting" for the credit card bill to arrive w/the extra $25 charge for S&H Wink

Silent Bob
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
downed tree with some type of leaves or growth over it that reminded me of a military blind

DAGNABBIT ! (no editing required)

Aaron: were there footprints all around that area? Had the growth been raised a bit from the tree?
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
there wasn't a log or tree that didn't have all the snow dug out all around the feature and it was obvious that a billion people had been there before me

nope, just me ... moving continuously for two hours. I don't think I destroyed anything.
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KB- There were some footprints around it - but nothing looked fresh - but then again, it was still snowing when you left.

Quite possibly you (and others) were there. Again, I was there two different days and missed the cache.

-Aaron
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out there today and found it at

N 44 54.258 W 093 08.629

which is about 195 feet from posted coords, and right along the correct latitude line. I actually thought of walking the lat/lon lines to see if he used that technique. But alas the snow drove me away prematurely and I never followed up on that idea.

If you go out there, don't forget to check out the real "Nature's Tent" at

N 44 54.184 W 093 08.746

-Rick
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to rickrich for finding tre-sure2! I hope ringbone hides more, but I'll try for this one tonight in hopes there are a few coins left.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I coulda been on the way at 4:40 am, and I'm only 30-40 minutes away. It sounded great, but I put in three intense hours at the Mock Hunt yesterday, and I'm deep into home re-modeling projects.

I COULD have, but didn't. Congrats Rick

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks KB and GRN. It was quite a thrill, but too bad I didn't get to run into anybody.

I'm most likely retiring from going for the FTF on Ringbone caches, to allow others the thrill of these hunts, should more occur.

I can think of a few reasons why I would come out of retirement, though Smile 1) If you guys leave it unfound for days and its clear that an expert (?) will have to come in to find it; 2) Ringbone plants one in my backyard; 3) Ringbone raises the prize bar another order of magnitude! I don't expect any of these to occur.

Also, thanks again to Ringbone for these fine caches. I hope to meet you someday at one of the MnGCA events, or maybe even on the trail.

-Rick

P.S. I took a waypoint of the actual Tre-sure2 coords, but I'm not going to post them yet because there are some fine goodies still in that cache.
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'oh! Hope I'm able to find it tonight, and that it's not too far off.
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviving an old thread!

Today I requested archival on Tre-sure 3. I like ringbone and his hides, but I requested the archive primarily due to most of the logs, in addition to my experiences in that area. The logs are pretty good, but think it's run it's course. I hope ringbone goes for another hide like this sometime soon (but not in such an unsafe area Wink ).

-Aaron

Quote:
'I fell 10-12 feet down the cliff wall and proceeded to roll another 30 feet.''

''Some guy was standing around the area smoking, gave me the creeps, so I decided to hit this up again in the morning.''

''On my way to the coordinates, there was a guy standing on a rock pile east of the trail just staring at me as I walked by, and he was still there, just standing there staring at me, 20 minutes later when I left.''

''THIS IS A HUGE GAY SEX HANGOUT!!!!''

''...look up to see where I have to walk and there's two guys pulling up their pants, right on top of where I would've started looking.''

''Those of you who lived here 15 years or so ago may recall an incident in which a former state senator was killed and another man seriously injured in a shooting at this location. The man convicted of the crimes chose the victims because of of their homosexuality, and as it turned out, probably in part because of his own suppressed homosexuality. I lived in this area then and I frequently walked and ran along the road and walking path here but I preferred not to go down near the river.''

''...great, we'll do Tre-sure 3, that way we can protect each other's back and something about not bending over.''

''...Good-Boy kept saying keep your cell phone close at hand as he didn't believe he was strong enough to carry me out if I fell.''

''...wicked bad coords, noxious sewage fumes, strange and scary muggles all around us speaking in tongues...''

''I'm glad I had two people to watch my backside - no pun intended. Signed the log, TNLN, and made a beeline back to the car.''

''Out acting as a trail guide, and backup defense just in case.''

''Noles and KCOGRN seemed genuinlly afraid for their behinds (pun intended). I don't think I've ever seen KCOGRN move that fast!!''

''We did see one strange character who claimed he was just watching a birdie. I may make it back when I can find another buddy tt search with.''
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea s4xton. Funny thing is I remember attempting a FTF on that one, and I didn't know the history of that particular area until after I had found the cache (actually a few months after).

No offense to ringbone though, I'm not sure if they knew about it either at the time.

Always ready for another ringbone adventure though!
Wayfarin Stranger
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S4xton...if you want to look for this tomorrow sometime (12-14) let me know. I'm off work and have wanted to check this one out for a long time.
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayfarin Stranger wrote:
S4xton...if you want to look for this tomorrow sometime (12-14) let me know. I'm off work and have wanted to check this one out for a long time.

I'm busy all day and evening tomorrow, or I'd join you. Sorry. =/ Feel free to pick it up though if you want. It's just as much yours to find as it is mine. Finder's Keepers!

I am considering doing it Wednesday morning early (i.e. 7:30am) or Wednesday late afternoon (4:45pm), but I'll be making a cache and run deal out of it - I have Wednesday evening plans and I have work during the day.

KC0GRN (or anyone that found it): Can you give us any hints? I was stumped the last time with Tixer iirc (but it was getting dark out and there were people watching us too...).

-Aaron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: