MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My 2010 Geocoinfest Coins: TapTap & ZeeZee (KB version)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zelanzy
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: My 2010 Geocoinfest Coins: TapTap & ZeeZee (KB version) Reply with quote

Hey all, I'm new here! KB and I met recently to pick out his colors for his version of ZeeZee The Turtle (my GCF 2010 release) and mentioned these forums. I'm finding lots of "rules" and "etiquette" surrounding this hobby, so if this post needs any adjustment, please let me know! I'm local to the area and cache in and around Shoreview, MN. Anyhow, I just wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know what I'll be selling at GCF 2010 (I'm vending at the Sunday event). The event is shaping up to be pretty awesome, so I hope you can all attend!

I started developing coins just last year and I vended at geocoinfest in SLC. There I was selling my first 2 coins: Moon Dipper and Tribal Sun. Year 2009 was year of the sky I guess...with moon and sun theme. 2010 will be a year of wacky animal cartoon characters, which is shaping up to be my signature! My stuff is sort of a graphical-cartoony-simplistic-style, so no worries if they aren't your thing! I'm not really a super-detailed-coin kind of designer, which seems to be the "in" style!

TapTap The Geckomeleon Geocoin is about 80% reserved now (from my facebook fan club and posters in the gs geocoin forum) but I will have some regular editions at GCF. Yes...he has big teeth and no nose. His anatomy defies the rules of nature, he can sometimes be seen cosmically radiating in the moonlight too.

ZeeZee The Turtle Geocoin hasn't been fully released yet. Just 6 people on earth have seen it, including KB. I met KB at the 10 year event and since he's made this hobby more enjoyable for my son and I, I asked if he'd like to do a limited edition version of ZZ. His version is pretty cool and BRIGHT! Red shell, blue scales on the shell, and purple body. ZeeZee is pretty grumpy, sad, gloomy...much like Eeeyore in a way. Woe is Zee.

If you follow geocoins, you might know of Yemon Yime. He will also have a limited edition ZZ, called YYZZ. It will be in his signatory colors: lemony yellow and yimey green.

Note: My take on limiteds is to sell them at the same price as regulars (since the cost to mint is the same) and that you "unlock" them by purchasing 2 regular edition coins. This will be the case for ZZ.

TapTap GLOW (RE), PURPLE (RE), ARTIST (SE):

ZeeZee Peak:

~Z
zelanzy
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeeZee landed! At Geocoinfest I'll be selling this, TapTap, and Tribal Sun.

OIL:

WATER:

YEMON YIME:

KING BOREAS:

Tribal Sun - WARM

Tribal Sun - COOL
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Cool

His coins are awesome. BTW Tim, we need to talk.

Idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: