MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

State Fair 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MamaDuck-24
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer morning, but afternoon is fine if that's where you need me.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not me! My only chance out there will be for this. Let me know the easiest way for me to get my ticket.
trista74
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer morning. Let me know the best way to get my ticket. I live in Blaine and can meet you somewhere.
Lx2
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lx2 will part of the Thursday am volunteers. See all at booth area at 9:00 am. Looking forward to the fun.
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I contacted everyone that I needed to about tickets. I am meeting people at one of the west gates and they will call me. If you did not get my phone # let me know.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,
I haven't received any contact from you. How should I pick up my ticket for tomorrow afternoon?
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday is the start of the State Fair! It is also DNR day at the Fair. They invited the MnGCA to have a table there. If you are out to the fair come and visit us from 9 to 5 near the DNR stage and the fish pond. we may just slip off to the beer garden after 5:00.
Come join the fun.
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo Hoo, that was fun all though a bit tiring.
We had plenty of volunteers, some got free tickets and some came out just for the fun. We had geocachers from all over the country come and visit, a log book next year would be a good idea.
We also had a gent from the MS society ask about us helping do a geocaching course at their camp next year. Most of the kids are wheelchair bound and would be a great opportunity for us to help them and for us to learn the obstacles of wheelchairs.
We also had some folks from parks in the state come to talk to us about caching too, great outreach! We visited with over 1200 people then got to visit the beer garden. My thanks to EPminnesota,Lx2, mamaduck-24, Minnesoatbrad, MrRogernghbor,Night Butterfly, Oakwilt, Rustynails, speedysk1, Trista74 and Tropicalloon. Also it was good to see rickrich, 15Tango and many others. (please list anyone I missed). Red thanks for the tent it was a great size.

Thanks everyone!
andrewmcc
MamaDuck-24
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had way too much fun!

Sign me up for next year, please!

Thanks for letting me be a part of it.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was excited to meet cachers whose names I'd seen before on logs or whose caches I'd found and never met before especially those that weren't familiar with the MnGCA. They had no idea! How can that be? Some people I remember meeting were Duffer and ampersand. There a lot I can't remember but people that cache in Hutchinson, Brooklyn Park, from Wisconsin, Eden Prairie, Stillwater, Prior Lake, and more.

I think it would be fun next year to maybe have a sign or printup with upcoming events!
Team MN Moose
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously think we should fundraise and get a booth in the Grandstand have volunteers for all 12 days!!! I had fun yesterday stoping by the table.
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team MN Moose wrote:
I seriously think we should fundraise and get a booth in the Grandstand have volunteers for all 12 days!!! I had fun yesterday stoping by the table.

I really like the one day format. It is hard enough to staff one day for 8 hours let alone 12 days for 12 hours a day. The hoops to jump through to sell at the Fair are daunting.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Andy, for giving me the opportunity to volunteer for this. I had allot of fun talking to others about geocaching. It was great meeting cachers from all over the state. I'm looking forward to doing this again. Very Happy
Tropicalloon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had a great time & enjoyed chatting with so many people from ones who'd never heard of geocaching to very experienced cachers and everyone in between.

I'd read wildfoto's post about the penny press (to create trackables) at KARE11 across from where we were. I stopped by there on Saturday & made some. I'm looking forward to working on them with G-Man2, creating missions & releasing them.

I'd love to volunteer for this again next year and also to help with the MS Camp and any prep needed to help get that going.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: