MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2010 MnGCA Fantasy Football League
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: 2010 MnGCA Fantasy Football League Reply with quote

It's baaaaack!!

Last year's owners, you should be getting an e-mail with an invitation to join in the madness for this year! If you want to join in follow the instructions, since you'll get first crack at having a team. I'll put details for everyone else here in a few weeks. I'm thinking of possibly (key word there) doing either an FNC type event or maybe even an "actual" event for the draft so we could do a live draft this year. Thoughts?? Also I'll have to look into it a little more, but it looks like Yahoo has added individual defensive players to the mix this year. I hadn't selected any, and I'm pretty sure I can change that, but I figured I'd see if people want individual defensive players as well or if that is just too much to try to keep track of?

For those who don't know we've had a little league (one year on Fox one year on Yahoo) that is a fun no pressure way to have fun with some other cachers. We live by one simple philosophy, "Beat Gilby" The rest of it, is just gravy. Even if all of the owners reup for the year (and I hope everyone does) we should have plenty of space for new owners, so if you are interested keep an eye here for details soon!
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in! Someone has to do great in the regular season only to lose in the playoffs. Wink

The date that's listed for the draft/time listed for the draft I think I'll just be landing so I'll have to put my players in ahead of time.

Let's beat Gilby!!
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in again. However, how about we instead try and take down the person who actually won it last year, because it wasn't me! Let's get Fluffy Bunnies (Mrs. MnMizzou)! Twisted Evil
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about that as I was posting it, but I decided to stay with the "Beat Gilby" theme cause if I openly say beat my wife someone's bound to take that the wrong way and I don't need to spend time with the fine men in blue! Very Happy Plus I don't live with you, so it's much easier to pick on you! Trust me, I heard ALL about her win last year! Very Happy
Team Dogs
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have room I would love to play!

Team Dogs
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should have plenty of space! I just got back in town from a week up north at a cabin with no internet (kind of a nice thing in a way) so I just need to get the info from the Yahoo page and I'll be posting all the league info here hopefully either tonight or tomorrow!
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: It's TIME to rumble!! Reply with quote

OK kids... come one come all for this year's edition of cachers gone wild known as the Official Unofficial MnGCA Fantasy Football League.

Head to the following link:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/signup

then use the following to join our league:

League ID # 155297
password mngca10

I have the draft slated for 10 days from now, but will most likely push it back a little bit to allow as many people to join as possible, it just needed a date when I created the league.

So here is my question to current and future (you know you want to so just sign up now) owners: Would you prefer an automated draft that you don't have to worry about or a live draft? If memory serves we did an automated draft last year, which A. sped things up and B. sort of made it a random deal as to who you ended up with.

If we go live draft I can do some quick research as to someplace that could host as many of us that would want to meet up in person (with laptop in tow or other device that can use Yahoo's draft interface) and do the live draft that way. (Depending on the place we could conceivably make it an "official" event and just occupy one corner for "official" draft business and be able to mingle with other cachers who don't know what absolute cool fun they're missing by not joining the league.

Share your thoughts, simple majority rules, I will say if we do do a live draft "event" it would be on either a Thurs or Fri evening, as those are the only nights off your commish has, so if you have a preferred date, list it as well. If no one says anything I will go the route of the autopick as close to the regular season kickoff as I can so you can make last minute adjustments to your draft order list.

Enjoy, I know we have last year's champ returning, seeking out a repeat performance, and I have a verbal commitment from Year 1's champion that he will return (Hint Gilby you need to sign up still! Very Happy )

Questions?? email me at mnmizzou@gmail.com

Thanks!
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh TeamDogs, I meant to tell you you should invite Tri-Chick as well, I discovered that having your spouse (or spouse to be) in the same Fantasy league as you can give you an interesting glimpse into a whole other competitive side of them you never knew existed! Teri now likes the Fox pregame show for entirely different reasons I think! Twisted Evil
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will give it a go!!!
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't invited, but I just joined. Very Happy
Team MN Moose
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would join as well but prefer automated draft.. Some of us are extremely busy with geocach.... umm I mean family time. Very Happy
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team MN Moose wrote:
I would join as well but prefer automated draft.. Some of us are extremely busy with geocach.... umm I mean family time. Very Happy

Yeah, actually, I'm partial to automated drafts as well, but will go with the will of the group.
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just signed up myself - I'll vote for automated draft.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent to see some new victims... I mean owners! Just FYI we are halfway to the maximum of 20 teams, which for you non math majors like myself means we have 10 teams thus far. (And that 10 is after removing one of the multiple bunny teams for those who caught that little snafu) So if you're contemplating joining in on the fun I would recommend sooner rather than later to ensure you get in on the fun!

With GC fest right around the corner the commish is contemplating finding some sort of coin there to give to the winner of the league. Although I've heard the bragging rights are pretty cool too. I wouldn't know though! Also keep the votes for draft method coming in...
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm already anticipating a heated bunny/hamster rivalry!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: