MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WeekNIGHT Caching; Wednesday June 30, 2010; 7:30 PM
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
minnstars
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: WeekNIGHT Caching; Wednesday June 30, 2010; 7:30 PM Reply with quote

The CO burkesf27 has generously offered his boat to help the WNC crew log his two stage UNDERWATER multi cache on Lake Riley in Eden Prairie:

Multi Cache Icon Man Overboard!

N44 50.197 W093 31.618

The plan is to meet at the Lake Riley public landing and our host will ferry up to 8 people at a time to stage 1 & 2 of the cache. It doesn't make sense for the whole crew to go in the water at once, so I suggest we have "Designated Swimmers" (DS's) Laughing to help retrieve the caches while the rest of the WNC crew cheers them on. Please post if you are willing to be a DS. Im bringing Wundercachergirl and I know she will volunteer to be a DS.
Parking for cars without boats is available at: N44 50.195 W093 30.655. If you want to bring your own a boat or jet ski the cars with boat parking is at: N44 50.112 W093 30.661.

I know this is a busy time of the year for everyone, but if your in town this should be a fun one! I hope we have a good weather and a good turnout!! Change of plans lets go to Buffalo Wild Wings in Chanhassen ... it's right accross HWY 5 from the Houlihan's Restaurant I orginally proposed in Chanhassen for post game activities.

Last edited by minnstars on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's Lake Riley? Razz I am glad you didn't pick this one for this week as Geofeet has a double header. I am pretty sure I am open on the 30th and would be happy to cheer Wundercachergirl on Cool
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhhh, sounds like fun! If I have a late volleyball game that night (it's playoffs - won't know the time till Monday of next week), I'll be there for as long as I can and am willing to be a DS if you need another.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do my best to attend! I think my kid's baseball playoffs should be done by then! Sounds like a can't miss WNC!
I Spy.
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic - I'll be there. Many thanks to the CO and thanks for arranging this, Minnstars. Now, will we see the host go after the cache? Wink
minnstars
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Spy. wrote:
Fantastic - I'll be there. Many thanks to the CO and thanks for arranging this, Minnstars. Now, will we see the host go after the cache? Wink

If you mean me? I already have my DS! Wink
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like fun. How deep are we talking? Very Happy
butcherandswimmer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havbe Boat,snorkle,fins,mask,etc. This would be fun? I hope I can make it I will post again when I know for sure. Also thunder would make this a no show for me as i have been struck by lightning once and never what to test it agin.
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like swimming more than I like climbing. Count me in.
Hal-oween
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chances are good that I will be there with the jet ski and some extra life vests. Still working the details, though.
minnstars
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hal-oween wrote:
Chances are good that I will be there with the jet ski and some extra life vests. Still working the details, though.

Thanks Katy! Your the FTF Cool on this cache and one of only two to have ever logged it, so we appreciate your help if you can make it. If not we understand.
seamusbleu
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll echo butcher's question. How deep is it? (As in, are fins and a mask good tools to bring?). Either way, sounds like fun and I plan on being there. I wonder if the cache page could answer my first question Wink .
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hal-oween wrote:

Aaaah! A jet ski? A chance to cross something off my bucket list?
minnstars
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seamusbleu wrote:
I'll echo butcher's question. How deep is it? (As in, are fins and a mask good tools to bring?). Either way, sounds like fun and I plan on being there. I wonder if the cache page could answer my first question Wink .

Here is a cut n paste from the cache page (the short answer is 5 feet):
While not an Acro per se, you WILL need your swimming suit and a swim mask for the first stage. Coordinates for the final are provided in stage one. To make the find of Stage One, go Man Overboard at the listed coordinates and proceed down until you find a float anchored to the bottom. Retrieve the non anchored end of the line and return to the surface to get the coordinates to the final.(The depth of the lake at stage one is approximately five feet) .....The final is more easily found if you're wading in the lake. I know that you're wet and refreshed from stage one but try to keep log dry when signing.
Smiling duo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound like fun - I love to ride in boats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: