MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

trackables preference set as collectible/not collectible

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: trackables preference set as collectible/not collectible Reply with quote

I'm having an issue with my personal trackable. This one is logged in and out of caches I find and never leaves my possession. I, apparently, have made some choice for it not to be in my inventory any longer and can't drop or retrieve it out of caches. I can only write a note or discover it. I need to change it back so it's in my inventory and can be dropped and retrieved. Anyone know how to do this? Simply changing its "collectible status" (whatever that means) does nothing other than now it says "not collectible". Help! The national forums aren't any help either!
qwerty2582
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add Log entry -> Move to Inventory
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I go to ADD LOG ENTRY I only get 2 options. Discover or write a note.
NOSNOW
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On you profile page at the top there is a selection for "Trackables Collection" From that page find the TB and select "Move to Inventory".

Hope this helps
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaaah! It did help! Thanks a bunch!
qwerty2582
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
When I go to ADD LOG ENTRY I only get 2 options. Discover or write a note.

Weird, I had that option on my collectible...

Oh well, glad NOSNOW was able to provide a solution Smile
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: trackables preference set as collectible/not collectible Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
I'm having an issue with my personal trackable. This one is logged in and out of caches I find and never leaves my possession. I, apparently, have made some choice for it not to be in my inventory any longer and can't drop or retrieve it out of caches. I can only write a note or discover it. I need to change it back so it's in my inventory and can be dropped and retrieved. Anyone know how to do this? Simply changing its "collectible status" (whatever that means) does nothing other than now it says "not collectible". Help! The national forums aren't any help either!

Did you see there is now a visit option for trackables? It will auto dip the coin in and out of the cache for you, so you don't have to drop and then go back and pick it up.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: trackables preference set as collectible/not collectible Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:

Did you see there is now a visit option for trackables? It will auto dip the coin in and out of the cache for you, so you don't have to drop and then go back and pick it up.

LOVE that option for this personal coin! I wasn't dipping it into every cache like I'd like to. Now I can!
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: trackables preference set as collectible/not collectible Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
timewellspent wrote:

LOVE that option for this personal coin! I wasn't dipping it into every cache like I'd like to. Now I can!

I dip my coin in every cache and it has been a pain. This is a slick update and is going to save lots of logging time.
Lx2
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great feature when you have a large TB in your inventory and there are no caches big enough on you cache run to drop it. Visiting the cache adds the miles and the owners know the TB is on the move!
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they had that "visit" feature a couple years ago - I got tired of spending way to much time logging finds while dipping my personal geocoin, so I released it into the wild, where it promptly went to an event and disappeared.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15Tango wrote:
I wish they had that "visit" feature a couple years ago - I got tired of spending way to much time logging finds while dipping my personal geocoin, so I released it into the wild, where it promptly went to an event and disappeared.

Same thing happened to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: