MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting May 2010 Cache Of The Month Nominations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Accepting May 2010 Cache Of The Month Nominations Reply with quote

Now accepting nominations for May CotM. From now (4/1/2010 - no joke!) to 4/30/2010).

After being cooped up for the winter people are out finding more caches and enjoying the weather! If you find a hide that that is exceptionally well done why not nominate it for CotM!

Questions, you can read the guidelines here but really, if you find a cache you like nominate it's not that hard. Wink
Brooklyn51
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'd like to nominate a Sharknosebunnies puzzle cache.

It Ends with a Little Girl - GC2316P

From the title to the find, this is a most creative puzzle with several dimensions that utilize the left side, right side, front and back of the brain. And just like geocaching, this one takes you to places you probably didn't know existed on the internet. Once solved the cache itself is none too shabby!
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate Wally's World. The CO put a lot of work into the container, and the location is great. I found this cache last night, and enjoyed just sitting at GZ, listening to the sounds of nature that surrounded me. The babbling brook and many singing birds made it a peaceful oasis in the middle of the metro.
butcherandswimmer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate Regular Cache Icon Minnesota River Cruisng GC26PSC
by Two Of Hearts It is a new twist on hides and very rewarding to find. takes you down to the Mn River fora nice walk .Good parking the works. I think it is one of a kind in MN and will get a few clones in time as others will like the concept.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

butcherandswimmer wrote:
I would like to nominate Regular Cache Icon Minnesota River Cruisng GC26PSC
by Two Of Hearts It is a new twist on hides and very rewarding to find. takes you down to the Mn River fora nice walk .Good parking the works. I think it is one of a kind in MN and will get a few clones in time as others will like the concept.

I second this cache. I'm with Butcher on this one.
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Hey Soul Sister Reply with quote

I would like to nominate GC25004 Hey Soul Sister by Trichick, in Eden Prairie. I love this because the hider took the time to seek out a cool, unexplored spot and put the cache in the best place in the park. Good views, good adventure and terrain, lots of nature, the anti-skirt-lifter if you will. Not over the top but definitely one of my favorites I have done lately. Good old-school caching. : )
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh but Wally's World was so awesome as well. I'm torn now . . . . guess I will have to check the all out and vote!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am nominating this cache for Cache Of The Month.

GC26NWB - Gauntlet 2010 - Senses Census

If any of you enjoyed Seldon's Gaunlet multicache from 2008, you had better check this one out.. This adventure was worth the effort. I can't say much without ruining the fun for you but one thing I will say is that this one does NOT require you to drive around 50 miles like the last one.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=36938328-3a52-4316-b7ff-b1c456e086db

If there is to be a Minnesota Cache-Of-The-Year, this is it.
MnBrew
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In true STF form I second:

GC26NWB - Gauntlet 2010 - Senses Census

IMHO this is a MUST LOG cache for anyone who is physically able. Do yourself the favor and make the drive, it is worth it!
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nominations for May cache of the Month are now closed. **5** nominees for May cache of the Month!! Way to go everyone!

GC2316P - It Ends with a Little Girl by Sharknose Bunnies nominated by Brooklyn51

GC1ZEWR - Wally's World by Wally The Dog nominated by Red_Devil35

GC26PSC - Minnesota River Cruisng by Two Of Hearts nominated by butcherandswimmer

GC25004 - Hey Soul Sister by Trichick nominated by dornole

GC26NWB - Gauntlet 2010 - Senses Census by Seldon nominated by bflentje

So get out there and find these great cache, discuss them here and vote on the 20th-31st of May! Congrats to everyone that was nominated!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: