MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Caching help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladebear68
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Caching help Reply with quote

Hello

My husband and I will be arriving in the airport on August 22 on our way home to Pennsylvania from NV. We will be suck in the airport for three hours waiting for our connecting flight. To be honest, I would like to grab one or two caches to mark off MN on my cached map. Are there any caches near the airport that can be done walking or with a short taxi ride? I looked at the virtual close by but it appears to be closed on Sundays.

Thank you for the help,
Andrea
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Caching help Reply with quote

ladebear68 wrote:
Hello

My husband and I will be arriving in the airport on August 22 on our way home to Pennsylvania from NV. We will be suck in the airport for three hours waiting for our connecting flight. To be honest, I would like to grab one or two caches to mark off MN on my cached map. Are there any caches near the airport that can be done walking or with a short taxi ride? I looked at the virtual close by but it appears to be closed on Sundays.

Thank you for the help,
Andrea

Best bet it to follow the signs to the light rail that serves both terminals, you can go clear into downtown Minneapolis if you want, or just one or two stops away, there are pretty much micros at just about every stop if you look at the Google map on GC.com. I'll give you a heads up, you can see more "colorful" folks between the Lake St. stop and I would say the Metrodome/East stop. It is one of the more "interesting" parts of town. If I remember right I think I found the one at the VA stop that is only two stops away from the Lindbergh Terminal that wasn't too bad. (Going towards Minneapolis/Downtown/Target Field, I can't remember how they have it marked now.) There is even one inside the Mall of America if you want to see that and get a cache too, it is probably a 10 minute ride on the light rail, and the last stop going the opposite direction of downtown. I think total cost for light rail is 2 bucks for a ticket that is good for a few hours. If you're coming into the larger terminal (Lindbergh or Terminal 1 as it is now known) you will take a mini-train between the terminal and where you catch the light rail, it is a little goofy, but well marked. The other terminal is a little bit of a walk through the garage, but both are easy to deal with.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a three hour window, do the short stint to the MOA and back. Should provide at least a couple of caches. You'll find that you probably won't really have three hours with all of the messing around at the airport. BOTH terminals have access to light rail so you should be good there.

http://transit.metc.state.mn.us/Images/RouteMaps/06/055Map.pdf
orange&blue
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Caching help Reply with quote

MNMizzou wrote:
I'll give you a heads up, you can see more "colorful" folks between the Lake St. stop and I would say the Metrodome/East stop. It is one of the more "interesting" parts of town.

Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: