MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PQ bug?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President


Joined: 04 Apr 2004

Posts: 5692

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: PQ bug? Reply with quote

I just noticed when looking at my list of PQs on gc.com that all of my queries for Saturday were mysteriously turned off.....
_________________
Hmm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 29 Oct 2007

Posts: 1991

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a few that haven't shown up either. I think the new hamster is eating the PQs.
_________________
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President


Joined: 04 Apr 2004

Posts: 5692

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedysk1 wrote:
I've had a few that haven't shown up either. I think the new hamster is eating the PQs.


I wouldn't normally even notice if they were just not showing up, but when I went to run my all-finds query I noticed that the total number of queries being run on Saturdays (the summary at the bottom of the page) was suddenly 0 (down from 4 or 5). It's the first time I've seen that.
_________________
Hmm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Grey Wolf and Wild Rice
Geocacher


Joined: 31 May 2005

Posts: 379

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It has been more than 30 days since you last edited this query. To continue receiving this query next week you will need to reselect the days for it to run. This is an automatic housekeeping rule to speed up Pocket Query generation for everyone.

Here are the Pocket Query search results in the formats you requested.

etc......................
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President


Joined: 04 Apr 2004

Posts: 5692

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grey Wolf and Wild Rice wrote:
Quote:
It has been more than 30 days since you last edited this query. To continue receiving this query next week you will need to reselect the days for it to run. This is an automatic housekeeping rule to speed up Pocket Query generation for everyone.

Here are the Pocket Query search results in the formats you requested.

etc......................


That's so user friendly.
_________________
Hmm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Surfer Joe
Minnesota Reviewer


Joined: 18 Jan 2006

Posts: 199

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That shouldn't happen again. My understanding is that was an old "feature" of the site that accidentally got turned back on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4033

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last two My Finds PQs have never arrived. Getting tired of waiting.. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President


Joined: 04 Apr 2004

Posts: 5692

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks SJ.

bflentje wrote:
My last two My Finds PQs have never arrived. Getting tired of waiting.. Sad


I have found that sometimes I have to hit the "add to queue" button a few times to get it to take my request. It used to change to something like "added to queue" although I haven't seen that for quite some time now.
_________________
Hmm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4033

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
Thanks SJ.

bflentje wrote:
My last two My Finds PQs have never arrived. Getting tired of waiting.. Sad


I have found that sometimes I have to hit the "add to queue" button a few times to get it to take my request. It used to change to something like "added to queue" although I haven't seen that for quite some time now.


Sure. But once I click it the button grays out and I have to wait 7 more days.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President


Joined: 04 Apr 2004

Posts: 5692

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
Thanks SJ.

bflentje wrote:
My last two My Finds PQs have never arrived. Getting tired of waiting.. Sad


I have found that sometimes I have to hit the "add to queue" button a few times to get it to take my request. It used to change to something like "added to queue" although I haven't seen that for quite some time now.


Sure. But once I click it the button grays out and I have to wait 7 more days.


That's not the same as my experience then.

Often when I click it the page reloads but the button is still clickable. Often I have to click it a number of times before it actually will run.

I understand that it may take a while to generate sometimes, but I've tried clicking it just once and waiting but it never generates. Sometimes it works on the first try, sometimes on the 5th try...
_________________
Hmm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jerpete
Geocacher


Joined: 11 Jun 2007

Posts: 29

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
My last two My Finds PQs have never arrived. Getting tired of waiting.. Sad


I've had good luck contacting groundspeak and having them fix it. Last time I just emailed Raine through the member email feature.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrest
Geocacher


Joined: 11 Jun 2005

Posts: 392

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart, that happend to me too earlier in the week. Went to hit the my find querry and after several clicks to get it to accept, the email never arrived. And yep, need to wait the seven days...
_________________
round n' round we go!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 13 Apr 2006

Posts: 1944

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had trouble not with regular pocket queries but with the personal find PQ's. I often have to hit the button 50-60 up to a hundred times before it finally grays out and says it "took". That's not hitting the button quickly continually either. That's letting the computer think and then nothing happening. Grrrr! That has happened every time I have run a personal find pq ever since I started running them. Can't figure out if I'm actually doing something wrong!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President


Joined: 04 Apr 2004

Posts: 5692

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
I've had trouble not with regular pocket queries but with the personal find PQ's. I often have to hit the button 50-60 up to a hundred times before it finally grays out and says it "took". That's not hitting the button quickly continually either. That's letting the computer think and then nothing happening. Grrrr! That has happened every time I have run a personal find pq ever since I started running them. Can't figure out if I'm actually doing something wrong!


That's more like my experience only not 50-60+...
_________________
Hmm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher


Joined: 10 Jan 2003

Posts: 1145

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious... What browser are you folks using? I've never seen this behavior (using FireFox 3.6 on a Mac) and never heard anyone else talking about it prior to this.
_________________
"Hi, I'm Moe, or as the women know me - Hey! You in the bushes."
-Moe, The Simpsons
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.