MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Washington County "Explore Your Parks Day"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Washington County "Explore Your Parks Day" Reply with quote

I'm looking for some help with, and would really prefer someone to run this event. It's a great event that we were at last year. They provided us with a nice sign and tent last year and other than the weather not cooperating, it was a good thing for us as a group. All that's needed is people to talk about geocaching. No formal class or presentation required.

Let me know if your interested.

The event will be held on June 5, from noon to 2:30p.m.

Thanks!
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is coming up on Saturday and I'm not able to attend. My kids have a Gymnastics event. Is there anyone that would like to go have some fun in the parks and talk about caching? This is not a class of sorts, people will be going from table to table viewing the various activities that are available within the park system.

I've attached the brochure that I received today. Also as a reminder this is all free and there are lots of activities to explore.

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=1zZ6yvK4JO_3ihQYFBKZdVyLjSGXTO4BE9KPrQqDCdF8_KxRm84Pxi421YEGd&hl=en

Please let me know if you are interested in helping out. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, my June is booked with graduation open houses.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trying to get stuff ready for next weeks GeoTech event, but I think I can squeeze in a 2.5 hour event, which is so close to home.

Do you know if they will have tables available or if I have to bring my own?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
I'm still trying to get stuff ready for next weeks GeoTech event, but I think I can squeeze in a 2.5 hour event, which is so close to home.

Do you know if they will have tables available or if I have to bring my own?

Thanks Z. Yes they will have tents and tables set up for you.

Quote:
Shawn,

It is go time for Explore Your Parks Day. Attached is the scheduled activities for the day. I will be able to supply you with a picnic table and a tent by the looks of it. I would like you to be completely setup by around 11:30a.m.

Let me know if you have any questions. My cell for day of contacts is 651-491-2526.

Thanks Shawn,

Adam Griebie
Washington County Parks
Natural Resource and Program Coordinator
(651) 430-4325

EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sir Z for taking that on!
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is excellent to see - thanks.

I am sure Sir_Zman wouldn't mind a hand if someone wants to stop by as well - this is an excellent opportunity to help get involved and get your feet wet. If there isn't an array of people that help out in these types of events then it turns into being the same few, over and over, who then get burned out.

Thanks again Zman!
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
This is excellent to see - thanks.

I am sure Sir_Zman wouldn't mind a hand if someone wants to stop by as well - this is an excellent opportunity to help get involved and get your feet wet. If there isn't an array of people that help out in these types of events then it turns into being the same few, over and over, who then get burned out.

Thanks again Zman!

He'd be a great person to show you the ropes if you can be there. I had checked my calendar to try to help out but my kid has a baseball game and I think I'm the parent in charge this weekend unless hubby gets off Saturday. This sounds like a fun chance to get to talk caching!
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
I am sure Sir_Zman wouldn't mind a hand if someone wants to stop by as well - this is an excellent opportunity to help get involved and get your feet wet.

Yeah, anyone who wants to stop by would be appreciated...sounds like this one is just a simple chat with people and explain what Geocaching is all about. I have a Geocaching bag all ready for these types of events, with all sorts of caches, hand outs and other stuff, so if you want to help, just show up and be ready to tell a few stories.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm willing to be a sidekick. Let me know if I should bring anything--sample caches, sample logs, snacks . . .
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
I'm willing to be a sidekick. Let me know if I should bring anything--sample caches, sample logs, snacks . . .

Thanks! I will have an ammo can, a large bear shaped container with swag in it, a few smaller metal caches and some film containers. If you have anything else you want to bring (a micro/nano or a good camo job ((Brad brought a top to a fence post) that would be fine, or anything else). Snacks are up to you, I certainly won't say no Razz

Speedy, did they say if they are waiving the park fees for the day or if we will have to get a parking pass? Also, could you send me the contact email for the person who contacted you, I have a few more questions I'd like to ask.

Thanks.
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
Speedy, did they say if they are waiving the park fees for the day or if we will have to get a parking pass? Also, could you send me the contact email for the person who contacted you, I have a few more questions I'd like to ask.Thanks.

Sure thing, I'll PM you his email address, but his phone is above.

Just to be clear, this is free to anyone that comes out. So, even if you can't help with this, bring the family out for a day in the parks. There won't be any parking fees.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: