MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for someone in Aitkin area to co-sponsor caches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Looking for someone in Aitkin area to co-sponsor caches Reply with quote

We have family in the Aitkin area and would like to publish some caches there. Unfortunately, we live about 30 miles outside the required distance for cache ownership without a sponsor. Anyone interested in maintaining caches we place in the area?
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have your family sponsor them. I'm pretty sure gc.com will allow it as long as they know where it is and are willing to do the typical stuff, check on it, replace logs etc. My dad doesn't geocache but is the contact person for one cache of ours and one of KB's that are slightly outside of our range (3,000 miles away on Maui) I don't know how Surfer Joe does it, but the reviewer for Hawaii let us submit our cache when we told them there was a permanent resident who knew about it and would maintain it.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are 85+ year olds and not able to do that for us.
Surfer Joe
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How frequently are you in the area?
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only get up there a few times a year but my husband (it's his parents) gets up there more often and was with me when we placed the caches Saturday so he could easily check on them when he's there but it's not on a regular basis.
Gone Astray
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can help with a few caches in the Aitkin area. Just send me an email when you need something.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done! Thank you!!
cmpfamily
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for someone in Aitkin area to co-sponsor caches Reply with quote

We would be able to help out in the Aitkin area if you are still in need of assistance. We travel through the area multiple times when visiting family in the McGregor area. Let us know if you need any help.

I have started dropping caches in McGregor area myself. I am planning on dropping several more next spring.

CMPFamily

EPMinnesota wrote:
We have family in the Aitkin area and would like to publish some caches there. Unfortunately, we live about 30 miles outside the required distance for cache ownership without a sponsor. Anyone interested in maintaining caches we place in the area?
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your offer. I'll keep it in mind. I've found someone for now but you can never have too many contacts!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Central MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: