MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New geocaching incentive for the holidays - in state parks!

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Claire1818
Geocacher


Joined: 08 May 2008

Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: New geocaching incentive for the holidays - in state parks! Reply with quote

Hi everyone - I wanted to pass along a note about a promotional event going on with the new Minnesota State Parks gift card and the Wildlife Safari caches in the parks:



With the release of the new Minnesota State Parks Gift Card, now through late December, cards filled with amounts ranging from $10 to $50 will be randomly appearing in Wildlife Safari geocaches found in Minnesota State Parks.

Work off your Thanksgiving dinner by hiking and geocaching over the holiday weekend - you may uncover a $50 gift card!

We have more information on our website: mnstateparks.info


Happy Hunting!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Surfer Joe
Minnesota Reviewer


Joined: 18 Jan 2006

Posts: 199

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, this has been cleared with Groundspeak.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
timewellspent
Geocacher


Joined: 19 Mar 2008

Posts: 706

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surfer Joe wrote:
For the record, this has been cleared with Groundspeak.


Why does this need to be cleared with Groundspeak? Is this any different then putting in $5 or $10 gift cards when placing a new cache as an FTF prize? Just wondering.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4050

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:
Surfer Joe wrote:
For the record, this has been cleared with Groundspeak.


Why does this need to be cleared with Groundspeak? Is this any different then putting in $5 or $10 gift cards when placing a new cache as an FTF prize? Just wondering.


Because inevitably some knucklehead will bring up whether or not the caches then have an aganda.. uh.. er.. at least on the national forums that would happen. I doubt it would happen here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President


Joined: 17 Jan 2006

Posts: 1931

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
timewellspent wrote:
Surfer Joe wrote:
For the record, this has been cleared with Groundspeak.


Why does this need to be cleared with Groundspeak? Is this any different then putting in $5 or $10 gift cards when placing a new cache as an FTF prize? Just wondering.


Because inevitably some knucklehead will bring up whether or not the caches then have an aganda.. uh.. er.. at least on the national forums that would happen. I doubt it would happen here.
The other 49 states do not have a monopoly on knuckleheads Laughing
_________________
The Lucid Network (tm)-- More Bars in More Places!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
emmanogoldfish
Geocacher


Joined: 26 Oct 2007

Posts: 106

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the fact that an MNGCA Board Member didn't post the promotion of this new product.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President


Joined: 04 Apr 2004

Posts: 5703

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emmanogoldfish wrote:
I like the fact that an MNGCA Board Member didn't post the promotion of this new product.


Please refrain from stirring the pot any more with more off-topic posts. Thanks.
_________________
Hmm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4050

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a $10 GC in Itasca SP yesterday. Found a critter bonus otte card in Zippel Bay this morning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 29 Jul 2007

Posts: 996

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Found a $10 GC in Itasca SP yesterday. Found a critter bonus otte card in Zippel Bay this morning.

Nice score. The otter card could be worth more than the GC!
_________________
Dinnae fash yersel (don't worry yourself)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.