MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2010 Geotech Event
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any iPhone users out there would would be able to give some insight into what Geocaching Apps are out there for the iPhone and how to use them...I'll handle the Android side of things. Also if anyone uses blackberry apps, I would love to have someone talk about whats out there in the blackberry world.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I can show the GroundSpeak iPhone app and iGCT .
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedysk1 wrote:
Sure, I can show the GroundSpeak iPhone app and iGCT .

Only if it doesn't interfere with teaching us how to use gsak! Wink
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got word that the UMN Raptor Center will be coming to the Discovery Center on Saturday June 12 from 11 am - Noon. They will have a live owl, falcon, and hawk for your enjoyment. This program will be outside at the Discovery Center Amphitheater. FREE for everyone!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
m&tcacheseekers
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: gsak help Reply with quote

we have put together 20 cds with some gsak files on it that contains the files we sent out to sir_zman with the gsak 101-301 manuals and variable information for the databases in gsak, along with a listing of all the macros available and links to those macros, a folder with the macros e found to be useful and fun, the latest version of the gsak setup file, and a coouple video clips that we hope will help people out. the videos are in response to hal-oween's question. Loneeagle_24 will be picking these cds up and bring them along with him to the tech event. wish could be able to come to the event and help out. found out that still have 4 weeks before can even go out caching. have fun at the event.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still plan to pick up a couple of dozen rolls on my way down on Saturday morning. Just curious if anyone else would be bringing anything.
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: gsak help Reply with quote

m&tcacheseekers wrote:
we have put together 20 cds with some gsak files on it that contains the files we sent out to sir_zman with the gsak 101-301 manuals and variable information for the databases in gsak, along with a listing of all the macros available and links to those macros, a folder with the macros e found to be useful and fun, the latest version of the gsak setup file, and a coouple video clips that we hope will help people out. the videos are in response to hal-oween's question. Loneeagle_24 will be picking these cds up and bring them along with him to the tech event. wish could be able to come to the event and help out. found out that still have 4 weeks before can even go out caching. have fun at the event.

Thanks for all the work you did. I've looked over what you sent Z and it's great! Sorry you aren't able to attend.
m&tcacheseekers
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after looking at the number of people who will be attending and looking for gsak help the 20 copies of the cd we prepared will not be enough. those who would like a copy of the cd after the intial 20 are gone may want to bring a blank cd with. I am sure there will be enough people there with laptops that will be able to burn more copies. looks like we could hve been helping out a lot of people. have a fun day.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'll appreciate the work you put into this and hopefully I'll get one of those copies. I've only used GSAK for the most basic of uses. Apparently, Speedy has some stuff in GSAK that I could be using to plot out previous Breakfast Buddy location, etc. but I haven't sat down with him to have him teach me. This will be great! I'm sorry you won't be able to attend so thanks for all the work you've put into it!
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m&tcacheseekers wrote:
after looking at the number of people who will be attending and looking for gsak help the 20 copies of the cd we prepared will not be enough. those who would like a copy of the cd after the intial 20 are gone may want to bring a blank cd with. I am sure there will be enough people there with laptops that will be able to burn more copies. looks like we could hve been helping out a lot of people. have a fun day.

I'll bring some extra CDs along with my laptop.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
I still plan to pick up a couple of dozen rolls on my way down on Saturday morning. Just curious if anyone else would be bringing anything.

I'm going to bring some food for the morning, and a few packs of hot dogs for lunch, not enough for everyone, but if people bring stuff it should mix in well...I encourage everyone to bring something to share for lunch
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
loneeagle_24 wrote:

I'm going to bring some food for the morning, and a few packs of hot dogs for lunch, not enough for everyone, but if people bring stuff it should mix in well...I encourage everyone to bring something to share for lunch

I was kind of thinking of something along this same line. I was planning on bringing my roaster along and picking up a few PKGS. of hot dogs some buns and a few condiments, nothing fancy mind you but something that those that are there would be able to at least get something to eat. People can fend for themselves on beverages in my opinion.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:

I was kind of thinking of something along this same line. I was planning on bringing my roaster along and picking up a few PKGS. of hot dogs some buns and a few condiments, nothing fancy mind you but something that those that are there would be able to at least get something to eat. People can fend for themselves on beverages in my opinion.

Sounds good to me, I'm sure if we all mix them together it will turn out well.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've asked a few people to take over the "Puzzle" track, but none were available. So I'm going to have to drop it if no one is willing to take it on; I'd do it myself, but I'm no good at puzzles.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have filled all the tracks now, so feel free to check out the cache page one more time for a final listing of classes and times.
http://coord.info/GC26VYW

If you are planning on joining us for the Pot-Luck, please bring your own plates/forks; I'll have a few paper plates and plastic forks, but would like to save them for anyone who doesn't see this message. Also, bring something to drink.

Lastly, Dunn Brothers has offered to donate some coffee to us for the morning; so a huge thank you to them. (not sure if they will have cups or not, so you might want to bring a travel mug if you have one).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: