MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2010 Geotech Event
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
I have received several messages from people wanting to do the "How to solve geocaching puzzles" session; but so far having found any puzzlers who would like to lead the session.

If you like solving puzzles, we can use your help!!! You can just discuss the steps you take when solving different types of puzzles; what to do on the puzzles that have nothing but photos on them, or those that are just some text and don't have any numbers in the description at all.

Sharknose Bunnies? Wink
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or perhaps someone posing as a father figure that rhymes with false dad?
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:

I'll second that motion!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
EPMinnesota wrote:

I'll second that motion!

All those in favor?
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the event page to include times for the tracks, so if you are leading a track and the time slot I have put you in doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll move it around.

Also we are still short one course, please consider helping out out

http://coord.info/GC26VYW
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GopherJen
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
I have updated the event page to include times for the tracks, so if you are leading a track and the time slot I have put you in doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll move it around.

I'm fine with my time slot. Thanks!
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a health issue will be keeping M&TCacheSeekers from being able to attend; Is anyone able to take one or both of his GSAK classes?

Please help if you can
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
It looks like a health issue will be keeping M&TCacheSeekers from being able to attend; Is anyone able to take one or both of his GSAK classes?

Please help if you can

They sent me their work so far, so if you would like to help take over this class, I have materials you can use...you don't have to start from scratch on this.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
sir_zman wrote:

Please help if you can

They sent me their work so far, so if you would like to help take over this class, I have materials you can use...you don't have to start from scratch on this.

I know so little about GSAK, I was actually thinking of coming early to catch this class.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, please someone step in! I, too, am a gsak newbie. I want to be like the big boys and girls!
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
Please, please someone step in! I, too, am a gsak newbie. I want to be like the big boys and girls!

LOL. Let me check my schedule.
m&tcacheseekers
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anything in specific you have a question about in gsak that we could put something together to help with. would love to be able to help in anyway we could. I have at least 6 weeks of nothing to do that i can put something together to help answer any questions.
we were really looking forward to the event, and maybe we can get some things together in time to get sent to the event

mark
Hal-oween
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a specific question. I keep a GSAK dbase with only puzzles in it to keep track of the ones I solved. Is there a way filter data that you send to your GPS so only certain caches get transferred?
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hal-oween wrote:
I do have a specific question. I keep a GSAK dbase with only puzzles in it to keep track of the ones I solved. Is there a way filter data that you send to your GPS so only certain caches get transferred?

I use filters to get to the specific cache i want, and then check the boxes and then filter on only user selected caches. Then send that.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hal-oween wrote:
I keep a GSAK dbase with only puzzles in it to keep track of the ones I solved. Is there a way filter data that you send to your GPS so only certain caches get transferred?

I have one db for everything. I use the corrected coordinates feature to enter coordinates for puzzles I've solved. Then I select one filter of nearby caches of all types in a small radius, and send that to the GPS. Then I select another filter of caches with corrected coordinates (solved puzzles, other interesting caches I've marked) in a much larger radius, and send that too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: