MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy Football 2009
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Fantasy Football 2009 Reply with quote

Hello One and All,

So I'm looking at starting up the second year of MnGCA Fantasy Football... so I thought I would gauge interest in it before I go and do it. (Or I'll just get around to it tomorrow!) I am looking at doing it on Yahoo this year, primarily because there is an app for Blackberry and iPhone users that you can use to manage your team from your phone... which for those of us that work and are who knows where on Saturdays and Sundays could be a very handy feature!

Post a message here if you're interested in joining the insanity, I will probably try to set up a live draft for a time TBA. If Yahoo is like others, and I think it is, you can set your "dream" roster order of picks and if you can't make the live draft it will automatically pick the highest person on your established list. Holler with any questions, and let the Favre-less season begin!! (Until he changes his mind right AFTER training camp breaks)
butcherandswimmer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will join I like yahoo better than fox also Football is one of the easyest fanatsy games as you only have to do it once a week.
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Count me in Reply with quote

If you need some more managers, I'm interested. I do enjoy fantasy football.
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you say Dynasty? I'm in.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Here's the League info...

Congratulations, your league and team are registered
League ID: 377328
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/mngca

Password is geocache

It is set right now for a maximum of 20 teams in 2 divisions, so sign up early sign up often! (OK you can only sign up once unless you create a sock puppet account, but then that just says you can't make a decision, and really who wants to be the Favre of the league??)

We have a live draft set up for Aug 27th at 7pm... I can adjust the time if necessary, I just picked it off the top of my head. Majority rules on draft changes.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update to the Update:

Go to: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

Then select join a league and use the league ID # and password above. That will be easier and faster for you! (According to my much smarter wife)
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still time to sign up and ensure that Gilby does not repeat as League champion...
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in. Still not sure how Gilby pulled it off last year... I was undefeated till I went to Italy... I must have started picking up soccer players or something. Wink
sapalas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never joined up a fantasy league, I guess I could give it a whirl. Is the auto-draft thing in place, because I am on vacation the week of the draft. I don't have a problem with an auto-draft though, so that's good.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sapalas wrote:
I have never joined up a fantasy league, I guess I could give it a whirl. Is the auto-draft thing in place, because I am on vacation the week of the draft. I don't have a problem with an auto-draft though, so that's good.

It is set for a live draft, however you can go in before the draft and set the order of how you would like available players picked, then if you are not available for the live draft the computer will take the highest available player on your list. Join in the fun!
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we have 7 people so far for the MnGCA league, keep them coming!

For those that might be interested in an Auction, I run a few leagues and our auction league is looking to get to 12 team this year (we had 10 last year). The auction is Thursday September 10th (the same day as the first NFL game) with the auction being in the Eden Prairie area, exact time and place to be determined. We prefer to auction in person, but we will have a few out-of-towners that will be on the the phone.

For more info pm me or go to the league page:

http://www.myfantasyleague.com/2009/home/31673

Go to Reports --> Rules --> League Bylaws and scroll down to the "Additional League Rules Setup" section for the rules.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A week to go until the draft... if you've never tried it out we are about as low key as they come, our motto is simple: Beat Gilby. The rest takes care of itself! Very Happy
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure never had done it before, whats involved in it?
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fireman121 wrote:
Not sure never had done it before, whats involved in it?

Basically, and this is a wuick overview, you draft a "team" from players across the league, then you select "starters" that you think will accumulate the most points for your team. So you could have Favre from the Vikings Tony Gonzlaes from the Falcons and Larry Johnson from the Chiefs, and what they do individually in each of their games contributes to your overall score. It is pretty easy since the games are basically once a week, and it gives you an excuse to follow teams you wouldn't otherwise follow.
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many teams do you have so far and how do I found the info on drafting a team?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: