MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting nominations for December 2009 COTM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Millah
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Accepting nominations for December 2009 COTM Reply with quote

The nomination period for December COTM is now open! Your contributions to this process are appreciated as COTM is completely membership-driven. Submit your favorites ladies and gentlemen!

To nominate a cache, you may

1) post a nomination in this thread.

2) send me a PM through MnGCA.org.

3) e-mail me directly at millahmn@gmail.com.

When nominating a cache please include the cache name, waypoint, owner, and a brief description of why you are nominating the cache for COTM honors. Your description should explain why you feel this cache is worthy of recognition WITHOUT SPOILERS! If you are unsure of whether a cache is eligible for nomination, please click here.

Thanks!

Tim (Millah)

Last edited by Millah on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate Cutfoot Sioux CCC Camp F-14
(GC15WC2) by loaner for COTM, November, 2009.

For me, this is what geocaching while travelling is all about. The cache is located near the road and parking, but this cache is nestled in the midst of the very scenic Avenue of Pines in north western Itasca County. The stop to search for the cache provides space to stretch your legs, scenery, and history while earning your smiley. I really like the way Loaner incorporated the history factor into the treasure hunt.

The former CCC and POW camp (yes, German soldiers were held in northern MN during WWII) where the cache is hidden is a place where I have stopped on subsequent trips. Only because this cache pointed the location out to me I have been able to enjoy the camp multiple times.

Last edited by AerosmithPA on Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate GCW7RR Traditional Cache Evil Micro II: Post Office Park by FSU*Noles. I found this cache during a WeekNIGHT outing. It was not one of the planned caches so a couple had found it pre-caching. They had as much fun watching us struggle as they did finding it earlier. This is a very well done cache and you have to use stealth at times unless you have a heckling muggle like we had. I don't think he even figured out that we had finally found it. It is one of those that make you scratch your head for a while and then when you finally make the find you say nice hide. It is an evil hide and the kind that makes a city hide fun.
NYSandy23
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate A Change, by the Rude Rat Crew. This devilshly evil hide is cunning and unexpected. While the clue is in the cache page description it doesn't really make sense unless you actually find the container. In the open, but not really. In sight, but not really. Every day people pass these by and ignore them.A great job of thought and creativity make this one a winner.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, what happened to November?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AerosmithPA wrote:
I would like to nominate Cutfoot Sioux CCC Camp F-14
(GC15WC2) by loaner for COTM, November, 2009.

For me, this is what geocaching while travelling is all about. The cache is located near the road and parking, but this cache is nestled in the midst of the very scenic Avenue of Pines in north western Itasca County. The stop to search for the cache provides space to stretch your legs, scenery, and history while earning your smiley. I really like the way Loaner incorporated the history factor into the treasure hunt.

The former CCC and POW camp (yes, German soldiers were held in northern MN during WWII) where the cache is hidden is a place where I have stopped on subsequent trips. Only because this cache pointed the location out to me I have been able to enjoy the camp multiple times.

Oh my, I did this cache today and had no idea it was the same one nominated. Beautiful area..
NYSandy23
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will we see some activity on this to vote soon?
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's the scoop with COTM?

Millah hasn't been on the MnGCA site it what appears to be almost 6 weeks and questions regarding the status of COTM have gone unanswered for almost that long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: